Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ,im wondering what a good all around riding jacket would be.. somethin that has some type if zip out insulation.. right now, im just wearing a heavy leather bomber jacket, helmet, gloves, and sturdy boots.. I dont want a spend a fortune.. but im looking for something that is gonna give me at least a fighting chance if i hit some gravel. thanks a lot.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I bought a full Joe Rocket 2 piece suite for about $450. You can use it all or just the jacket. A "heavy leather bomber jacket" is not designed to protect you from asphalt, nor be comfortable while riding.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly, thats why, im in the market for a jackets.. but i figure that the heavy leather and padding would at least gimme some protection, rather than wearing a sweat shirt or somthing along those lines, and its actually fairly comfortable when riding, but it still is no t a riding coat.. got any good websites that sells things for good prices?? are there any brands to stay away from?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
metricbikes.com

newenough.com

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how will that jacket protect you in particular the joe rocket 5.0 if you do take a tumble.. obvisouly not as well as a leather set would.. but would it at least save u a little bit???

·
Registered
155 Posts
if you go on ebay and look up teknic violater, click on one of the links in all bold or capitol letters. the jacket is all letter has very good protection, imo looks awesome has a removable liner, and the guy is selling them for $165. I think the guys name is roseburg c.c. I may not have spelled that right. its great because the jacket sells for like $250 to $400 any place else. hope this helps!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to a local store and was looking around and trying on some jackets, and i end'd up slipping on a Icon Tarmac.. It fit me really well, and i felt that it had good protection.. might even be good to wear under my black, unisulated "motorcycle jacket" for extra protection.. does anyone have any imput on these.. guy at the shop wears one of these, and said his old one saved his ass when he went down once (not super fast but fast enough)... he said that ones it goes down, to throw it away.. but i got it for 125$ so i figured its expendable... I also tried on some joe-rocket leather there, that i think next paycheck im gonna pick up a set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.