Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
no, but i was kinda hoping of not having to do my first LRRS race of the season in rain on a 170hp+ bike that i'm still figuring out.

Doesn't help that April, cold, and wetness tend to lead to snow, sleet, and ice.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
for this weekend at Loudon., showers sat and sunday.. uggg

i was hoping to go up for sunday ., but does not look pretty ., but it is still early..

Loudon

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts

i was hoping to go up for sunday ., but does not look pretty ., but it is still early..

Loudon

You should have gone down to Summit this past weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts

Loudon

You should have gone down to Summit this past weekend.
New bike + Rain =

What's even better is the bead around a portion of my rear rain tire dry rotted over the winter . . . so I ain't got no rains either.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
im an execilant rain rider

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
so Gecko., come to scummit the 30th with us., yup yup
yeah, come on gecko.. summit has a really nice straight too. and its got a lot of right handers. i liked that about summit since loudon is mostly left it gave me a chance to work on rights.
Oh sure . . . I go from a 750 to a 600 . . . you get a 1k . . . and tell me to come out and play with you on Summit's "really nice straight." You crazy mang!!!

Other than NJI'mASlowRacer, I haven't heard anybody say too many nice things about the track pavement down there.

I don't know . . . the 30th . . . hmmm . . . .

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
so Gecko., come to scummit the 30th with us., yup yup
yeah, come on gecko.. summit has a really nice straight too. and its got a lot of right handers. i liked that about summit since loudon is mostly left it gave me a chance to work on rights.
Oh sure . . . I go from a 750 to a 600 . . . you get a 1k . . . and tell me to come out and play with you on Summit's "really nice straight." You crazy mang!!!

Other than NJI'mASlowRacer, I haven't heard anybody say too many nice things about the track pavement down there.

I don't know . . . the 30th . . . hmmm . . . .
The pavement is fine...it has character!!! T1 has a concrete patch but the traction is fine. T5 also has a concrete patch but once again the traction is fine. The carousel also has a concrete patch and some sealer off line but once again, the traction is fine when it’s dry. Other than that, the track is real fun and fast. T2 thru T4 is wicked fast and fun and T8 thru T10 is also wicked fast. There are gravel traps in T1, T3 and T10. The pit is not as nice as NHIS but it has EVERYTHING you need…..electric, showers, food & gift shop.

The track itself is not as wide as NHIS but then again….Summit is not a NASCAR track with a makeshift road course.

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
i love the track.. and nj hit it all. its not as nice of a facility as nhis, but it does the trick.. and learning new tracks is great.. ive only been there twice and guys run just as fast of times on 600's as they do 1000's.. at least the mortal people do.. and my bike isnt even a full blown race bike with gravy suspension.. im running a stock shock.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
bmfgsxr said:
I've only been there twice and guys run just as fast of times on 600's as they do 1000's.... and my bike isnt even a full blown race bike with gravy suspension.. im running a stock shock.
Hmm . . . okay . . . then I'm ready to kick your ass.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
bmfgsxr said:
I've only been there twice and guys run just as fast of times on 600's as they do 1000's.... and my bike isnt even a full blown race bike with gravy suspension.. im running a stock shock.
Hmm . . . okay . . . then I'm ready to kick your ass.
im only signed up for two races.. thats gto(saturday), and unlimited ? (one of the first races of the day on sunday)

so you would have to sign up for one of those.. or we can just compare lap times.. although i dont expect to be blazing fast.. my best is a 20.5, but my 6 was very well set up in the suspension dept.. (not to mention its almost been a year since ive been on the track..
)so we will see. but it will be fun to be back hanging out with everyone again.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
a 1K is a tad but more work to ride bro

1 - 19 of 19 Posts