Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went drag racing this past weekend and had a blast, mainly because I won the event.

I had ask'd my brother's girlfriend to film us so we could get an idea of how we were doing.
Well, the footage is pretty much a waste of a tape ... some how she turned the auto-focus off, so whenever she zoom'd in everything went out of focus.
She recorded alot more than I thought.
While going through the tape I found footage of one of the guys wheelying his GoldWing during a race.
I had seem him do it, while in line, but didn't see how high he actually gotten it.
If you listen, at the end the announcer says something about a piece falling off ... it ended up being his right speaker cover.
And yes, he did admit to listening to a CD while going down the track.
As of that day the GoldWing was running 5lbs of boost from it's supercharger, but he wants to up it to 10lbs before the next event.
He also complained about a bad injection map which created surges throughout the RPMs.
And something about his tach not working, so he was using his speedometer to determine when to shift.

Save As ...

·
Registered
225 Posts
haha a goldwing getting air, thats crazy

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was there, the Goldwing beat a ZX10R by a 10th of a second the whole crowed was going crazy..
I race'd that ZX10 during the first qualifying race ... had him for the first 1000 feet.
Later on in the day he almost dump'd after 3rd came up and went into a nasty headshake when he put it back down.

Isn't that guy part of the Star Boyz Crew?
This guy was old enough to be one of the StarBoyz's Dads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.