Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the local shop telling him how everyone is going -1 / +2 and the guy said you should start with just the -1 in front and it would give a big difference and not cost as much $, How do you go about doing this and do you recomend it?

·
Registered
3,950 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Did the mod today. Easy to do and only 1 scuffed knuckle! Soooo much more accelleration. I now use 5th gear, and briefly used 6th:lol. Taking a long run on her tomorrow, but the bike feels so much more eager to accellerate. The power is now accessable without having to be in triple figures. Just need a speedo healer now.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
tristanm16 said:
Just wondering where your ordering your sprocket from? I was looking into the same mod for my 600 but I'm not sure where to look for the -1 sprocket...
You can get one from www.motomummy.com for about 30bucks shipped. You need a 15t 525 sprocket.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
any real steel front sprocket will last basically for ever. it the rear one that is thing.

do -1 with the stock chain. if you want more you can add +2 to it and it'll fit the stock chain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.