Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ravens are going to kick the shit out of the Chiefs today! (hopefully!!!)

I was watching the NFL network this morning and they were showing coverage of Brett Favre talking about one of his torn muscles. When is that guy going to hang up his helmet for good. He is going out like a pussy doing this shit every year!! I used to really like him but over the last few years he has become a little "long in the tooth" for me. Dude needs to retire!!!! IMO

·
Nittany Lion
4,277 Posts
Ravens are going to kick the shit out of the Chiefs today! (hopefully!!!)

I was watching the NFL network this morning and they were showing coverage of Brett Favre talking about one of his torn muscles. When is that guy going to hang up his helmet for good. He is going out like a pussy doing this shit every year!! I used to really like him but over the last few years he has become a little "long in the tooth" for me. Dude needs to retire!!!! IMO
As far as Brett goes. One of these days my friend, you are going to be battling with the thought of " Just one more time. " This guys is a true football player, absolutely loves the game and competing. And with one arm still is better than 70 % of the remaining starting qb's. Every year he comes out and wants to play, but battles all the aches and injuries telling him he can't. But his heart over comes that. I'll listen to that every year. He's amazing in my book. And on Blow-me-more, I mean Baltimore. They're not going anywear, as long as they gotta compete with "The Burgh" in the same division. And I don't see the divisions changing anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as Brett goes. One of these days my friend, you are going to be battling with the thought of " Just one more time. " This guys is a true football player, absolutely loves the game and competing. And with one arm still is better than 70 % of the remaining starting qb's. Every year he comes out and wants to play, but battles all the aches and injuries telling him he can't. But his heart over comes that. I'll listen to that every year. He's amazing in my book. And on Blow-me-more, I mean Baltimore. They're not going anywear, as long as they gotta compete with "The Burgh" in the same division. And I don't see the divisions changing anytime soon.
I understand your point about Favre. But really to string these teams along for as long as possible until he decides to sign.. come on now! Either put yourself out there as a free agent to be picked up or retire for good! I remember watching his last game with Green Bay and I thought to myself that this guy is really going out on a good note and then he starts pulling this other crap every year. And to sign with the Vikings! :spit

·
Nittany Lion
4,277 Posts
I understand your point about Favre. But really to string these teams along for as long as possible until he decides to sign.. come on now! Either put yourself out there as a free agent to be picked up or retire for good! I remember watching his last game with Green Bay and I thought to myself that this guy is really going out on a good note and then he starts pulling this other crap every year. And to sign with the Vikings! :spit
Yeah, I kinda agree with you bro, but on stringing teams along, as long as possible. You gott think of it this way, this guy is battered and bruised beyond our understanding, year in and year out. And hopes to play every year. And he strings those teams out for the sole reason, that he's hoping that those aches and pains go away by the time the season kicks off, but at the same time realizes that this may be it. And as far as signing up as free agent. Teams aren't willing to sign him off the bat for the reason, they all think he's done during those times. I love that he's a Viking, chance to haunt his former team that pushed him out the door. And I know he strung Greenbay along, but that goes back to what we talked about earlier. And under those conditions, for what he has done for the league and that team, I feel they did him wrong. But, I differ in that opinion. On the outside, we the public don't understand the fight he has between leaving a game he absolutely loves and letting go because his body tells him he can't. We only see the signing squables on Espn and don't try to understand why the squables may be taking place or try to understand what that must be like in real life. I'm 33 and I completely understand what it's like to see things you love to do, slip away. That's why I am a big fan of this guy. And no, he's not the greatest to ever play the game. But, I like the heart he has and he is great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts