Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to all in general hey audi1031 u have a 791 big bore kit in your bike how is it running sofar. im thinking about big bore kit for 97 srad 750 OR just yosh cams deck port polish head and some forged pistons. it will be for street riding, just trying to get about 140 to the rear wheel. if anyone has done this give me some feed back please.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
jus keep in mind that u sacrifice fgactory tolerances when going big.....but doin some cams is a different dtory. I went big once, it ran gr8 for a while, then the problems began, with the likes of a chewed crank, blown piston, etc........ wished i had stayed outa the overbore idea......

jus my experience, and i had a very reputable friend do the boring.......sometimes you jus dont get it exact........

he paid to repair, (labor) and i immediately sold it after it was back up (actually ran the best after i had the repairs made, the crank balanced, pinned and welded, etc)

nonetheless, factory tolerances bro.......IMHO

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now when you say factory tolorences what about yosh cams port polish deck head just a little yes or no. or just go buy new 1000

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I like the performance of the bore kit but there is no substitute for cc's go for the 1000. If next best option i would bore it i like the power how it comes on and nothing like see the looks on the face of others that have done all others mods and you blow past them now you won't just pass them like your on a 250 or something but you and he will know who has the upper hand. say bore port and you will be good to go 791 is not too much of a tolerance problem as such with shaving head. If i was to goto a 902 kit i can see that being a problem with motor generating too much heat and cylinder walls being thin that would not be a good street bike to me. It all depends on your money if you looking to spend 2k or less bore kit and head work anything more you will be better off 1000

·
Registered
248 Posts
I got a 791 big bore kit in my 96 750.The bike runs great.But it does have a few problems.My streetability has been compromised alittle.The bike is real finicky after you ride awhile shut it off and try to restart.But hp wise i beat my cousin stock 1k all the time when we race.The bik has run a best of 10.00 @ 135 in the quarter and 6.50 @ 114 in the 1/8 mile.It'll go quicker but it wheelstands bad.O yea it dynoed at 135 that seems to be average for the 96-97 srads 98-99 get 802 cc's 140 hp and 2000 up 750's get 813cc and about 150hp

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now were are talking good stuff. srad2drag and audi thanks for the insite. obviously im shake-n-n-my boots about boring to 791 i just don't won't the stink-n thing to go kabooom baby. what about rod bearings failing did you guys have any issues with that. also tell me what kind of parts you used like je wiesco corrillo yosh or what. i ride street and not always in the red either. so im really stuck about engine work or getting new bike. one thing i really don't care for the look of the new gsxr i like the 96-99. also audi is your boy dwayne at cycle concepts really good because he is like 8hrs away ya know. hey srad2drag i thought you could get about 135-140rwhp by doing yosh cams port polish deck head use thinner base gasket and forged pistons with oem bore? hmmm any info on this would be more helpful than you know. u guys will be helping me through this project so be prepared. one more thing i talked to dwayne about was putting a 1000 engine in my 750 frame he said he could do it for around a grand?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
dwayne is very good ask him about which way you should go i think the same now as far as piston JE and if you want some rods corillo the way to go but that will pretty much shoot your goal of bein affordable try em. 1000 motor if i had to do it over again i would of got either 1000 motor or actual 1000. when you do 1000 conversion you need everything so make sure you get a hold of dwayne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts