Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
great racing today :cheers finally beat mat straight up !!!!!

all i know is mat has his hands full this year ............. second race i think he was trying just alittle too hard to check out , but a great finish none the less (thank god for red flags)

2 poles 2 wins

21 year old kid leading the AMA superbike championship :punk :cheers

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
stalemate27 said:
2 poles 2 wins
1 pole for both races. Great racing, nonetheless. Ben is showing his ability to stay focused and be smart. Of course, he isn't a rookie so, it kinda has been expected for this year. As far as Mladin having his hands full - it is still a long season. Mladin is like many top level racers - he'll study and be that much stronger next round...

Gonna be a great season of Superbike.

Go Tommy!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lizard 1 said:
1 pole for both races.

well tru ... maybe he just needs to get pole at every round :cheers

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
stalemate27 said:
well tru ... maybe he just needs to get pole at every round :cheers
For how close those two have been so far in testing and racing, it is almost anyone's guess who will land the pole position.

Whatever the case, these two are going to be tough to beat this year. Spies continues to do this well through the season and he won't be around here much longer...

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Tommy needs to Make his goal to finish in front of Yates for the rest of the year. I understand it is a racing incident, and Yates was probably all ready on the brakes as hard as possible, but it was still a bone head move.

I knew that was going to happen as soon as he tried to make the pass.

I haven't checked yet but any news on how Roger Lee is doing?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Lizard 1 said:
For how close those two have been so far in testing and racing, it is almost anyone's guess who will land the pole position.

Whatever the case, these two are going to be tough to beat this year. Spies continues to do this well through the season and he won't be around here much longer...
yes those two will have some good battles this year ... hopefully someone else will step it up and make it a 3 way battle at some races , but dont really see that happening ...

hopefully if speis goes anywhere he takes a good ride and doesnt ride that damn suzuki in GP

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
chrisOH said:
I haven't checked yet but any news on how Roger Lee is doing?

SUperbikePlanet.com said:
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Apr/060424a.htm

Roger Lee Hayden suffered a broken tibia and fibula of his right leg in yesterday's crash in the Barber Superbike race. The Kawasaki rider is due to leave today to see Dr. Art Ting at his northern California clinic where a further determination of his condition will be made and if anything can be done to speed up the healing. It's fairly normal for riders who suffer a combination broken tibia and fibula to have a rod inserted in the bone, or an external fixator outside the leg to stabilize it and promote healing.
While no news of a broken leg can be viewed as particularly good news, a broken "tib-fib" as the injury is known, is usually much easier to come back from than a compound broken femur (DuHamel) or a smashed ankle or heel (Lawson).
There you go.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I called Time Warner with death threats yesterday when I got home to find my DVR didn't record any races this weekend....cable was out all weekend! :crying

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
goodmatt78 said:
I called Time Warner with death threats yesterday when I got home to find my DVR didn't record any races this weekend....cable was out all weekend! :crying
ive got the AMA ones recorded il bring the tape with me this weekend

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
Good for Ben.. but it's too bad the backmarkers played such a big role in both races for the leaders (Mat and Ben). i know.. i know.. it's part of racing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
BallisticParts
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing