Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
i live in Birmingham at the moment. where abouts are you???

there isnt a mssive gixxer contingency in our area, but i usually go to either Bassetts Pole (tuesdays) or the Waterman pub in Warwick (wednesday nights).

·
Registered
75 Posts
am from st helens
i have a few mate who live in the west mids
my mate ray has a 04 750
we went the alps together
my brother-in-law al has a busa, you dont want to ride with hi LOL
unless you want to lose your liecence
he has put a +3 rear sprocket on, pity it sick just now got have big end bearings done, just has camc cam chain, tensioner and gaurd put on it

luck t##t in he?

·
Registered
106 Posts
pick up my 2000y 750 this weekend . so the wrong time of the year but ill be all ready for spring. im near oxford . just getting the insurance down for a year then im after a k5 1000.

·
Registered
106 Posts
well not that anyone seems to frequent this area but i now have a k3 750 lookin pretty cool . shame its soo cold and iced up outside,,,,roll on spring

·
Registered
106 Posts
yeah pretty chilly. been out twice on the sunny days this week. must be honest i know im 1/2 throttle cos of the cold and damp weather but im thinkin i should have got the 1k for more torque. hopin spring and full trottle puts a bigger smile on. have to do a midlands spring meet anyone up for it....

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
im up for that.

id love some more sunny days. the cold doesnt bother me too much, its the wet stuff that pisses me off, oh that and gritters...

bring on the spring.....

that 750 should be sweet, wait till you get chance to ring its neck!!!!!! My 600's old and tired and thats still mental, the 750 should be a nice blend of usuable power and enough torque..... what colour you go for?

·
Registered
106 Posts
i got the blue one in the pic its got a load of stuff on it already so was a better buy than the 01 i was looking at. yeah im hoping the 750 will be cool in spring cant wait. alot came down to ins ive had 3 1/2 years off so got silly quotes on the litre bikes .. be a k5 next xmas then he he . been invited up to the ace meets by the london suzuki owners club too so should be a good fun summer. ill pm u details of where i am soon.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
sorry for not replying, just got back from a month away.
if you fancy making a group ride down to the Ace, id be up for it. Never been before but seems to be some kind of pilgrimage!!!!!

shout up if you get any dates.

happy new year everyone

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
FWIW, I'm in derby (regularly haunt the cat & fiddle run, MFN etc)

WWW.GIXERJUNKIES .COM is a good site , shows somw uk meets on there , very quiet in here as far as the uk is concerned
Slight disagreance with you there. Good site? There's nowhere near the amount of decent accurate info, or helpful people. I "spoke" to one guy I spotted in person (and his really obnoxious other half) from that forum and got noses turned up at me for mentionning this site. Apparently they're the biggest posters on that forum (with approx 1200-1500 posts, and barely any decent posts with a point - I checked). Says it all really.

There may well be more info there regarding UK meets but that's about all it's good for IMO. For a forum to just generally use, you won't catch me there.. It really is a pity this forum isn't more popular with the brit crowd :cursing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts