Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 GSX-R600, it was repainted to all baby blue, obviously cause it's been dropped, one too many times, and there are carbon fiber stickers on it only (ooOoOoo special). So with that said, the bike is obviously not stock at all, has a scraped & banged up Yoshi pipe, and 13k miles.... With that being said, how much do you think I could get for it in it's current state? It runs fine and whatnot. I have pictures, but I would like to know what an estimate on the price would be. If anyone could post that, that would be great.

Thanks in advance..

--
Corey

·
GSP 652
1,481 Posts
AHHHH...I want it...I just posted that I was looking for a 600...it's the post right under yours...man that is wierd...I don't live that far from you either(Savannah) If your are planning on selling this please let me know...also please send any and all info and pics to [email protected]. Thanks buddy.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
corey....

many variables afloat here......

1) No. of owners...verifiable????

2) Condition of frame, forks, MAJOR susp. components after the get-off/s

3) current tire condt.

4) jetting effectiveness?? -- does it purr, or cough??

5) repair-a-bility of damage/s--cosemetics too!

6) Condition of drivechain/ sprockets.....

7) how does she go, and stop, and turn????

LOTS OF THINGS ID NEED TO KNOW< FIRST....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
>1) No. of owners...verifiable????
2 (including myself, via title)

>2) Condition of frame, forks, MAJOR susp. components after the get-off/s
Look okie dokie

>3) current tire condt.
Almost new, same condt. as when I bought it, just giving you an idea of how much i've riden it and had it.
>4) jetting effectiveness?? -- does it purr, or cough??
Hard to say since I didn't get to be a real "bike" guy. But it purrs I guess you could say while idle and riding... Steady sound, no hiccups

>5) repair-a-bility of damage/s--cosemetics too!
It's been repainted a solid Porsche Glacier Blue, so no visible scratchs and whatnot, was JUST painted as a matter of fact, right before I bought it.

>6) Condition of drivechain/ sprockets.....
Drivechain doesn't have any rust on the side plates nor center piece things

>7) how does she go, and stop, and turn????
1st and 2nd goes very very very quick, stopping is normal I'm assuming, no grabbing or hestitation, turns fine I guess? I haven't got it up that fast, the only riding has been done in my neighborhood and the speed limit is 25, so I only got it up to 60ish on a back road once and been cruisin around doing about 30 ... so...

Anymore, i'll be happy to answer to be the best of my knowledge.
I'll post a URL when I get home to the pix.

Thanks for the help so far getting me closer to my end goal.

LOTS OF THINGS ID NEED TO KNOW< FIRST....

[ 08-28-2002, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: CoreyAtWork ]

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I would say with the damage $3500-$4000. Ive seen some without damage go for $4000 about that year. Most go for $4000- $5000 in good shape even close to $6000 when in immaculate condition.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure thing man, will do that when I get home, however, I would still like someone to reply what kind of price I could get for this? I haven't really taken it out much since I got it, since I work constantly, but I don't wanna take a HUGE cut from what I paid for it... But i'll take as much as I can get. And I don't want to be asking too much where I wont' get ANYTHING for it.

--
Corey

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just bought a 98 600 13k miles srad with yosh exh, carbon tree, MINT paint(org), K&N filter/jet kit, new Joe Rocket Jacket, frame sliders, sleek rear end set up, Xenon headlights, grips, aftermarket signals, and new cover for 4500...
2 owners verified with DMV, no leins, no crashes/claims for insurance.
The retail on the bike is about 5500 according to KBB and NADA. Privately it was worth less, but I considered the 750-1000 in aftermarket that was already on it and we settled for 4500.
I would price yours between 3800 and 4500.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts