Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know of a company that makes a top mount dampner(mounts on top of your triple tree) that works way better and is adjustable on the fly! GPR is the company, they make an awesome unit, it come with all billet cnc brackets and a dampner unit thats made of aircraft alum and then hard anodized black...looks very nice! they also offer a lifetime warrantee! they go for 395.99 + tax and shipping but for the gixxer guys i can get them for 350.00 shipped to anywhere in the u.s. e-mail me for more info. [email protected]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey,

open to all, how much love will a dampner give me? As a newbie to gixxers and real speed on a bike, i have never had/thought i needed one. Is there a real difference with/without.

thanks for not laughing to hard

we all have to start somewhere

·
Registered
321 Posts
It mounts on top of the triple tree? Is that Dampner similar to the Scotts or is it a tube
? I desperately need a new dampner. Still running the stock POS

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Originally posted by oregonSpeed:
Hey,

open to all, how much love will a dampner give me? As a newbie to gixxers and real speed on a bike, i have never had/thought i needed one. Is there a real difference with/without.

thanks for not laughing to hard

we all have to start somewhere
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Depends on road condition, mods, and other factors.

I mean, having one is better than without, but it depends on your situation.

Eg: Have u ever had a headshake or a tankslapper ?

Mine's a little shakey at the track when i upshift, but it's not flighty or out of control.

On the road, ive had a few minor tank slappers when going WOT over bumpy, inclined roads. Yes, a damper would have prevent this. But i just tone down my riding on the street.
Short shifting early into 2nd gear instead of revving till 14000rpm in 1st.

Mine u, if m bike had an extra 10hp, i'd probably want one

KaTz

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
jay, while im sorry to have misinformed the masses on this piece, a pic would've saved us all, as the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words, especially the two "FOR SALE"

live and learn....i was trying to help you out, since you posted no pix and made no mention to the fact it was a rotary action, my bad.........

scott

btw ---jus curious, what makes it better (IYHO) over the scott's® brand?? im not sure im 100% satisfied with mine so im still lookin!!

[ 07-16-2002, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No owrries scott. do me a favor though, take that pic of the tube style off so poeple dont get confused.
as for the GPR dampner...it uses less parts, they offer a lifetime warrantee and the installation is much more simple. plus the big dial on the dampner tells your exactly what setting your at and its easier to use i think.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol..thanks scott i appreciate that. i think the deal will happen, ill know tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scott..do me a favor bro unless u know exactly what im posting up here please dont post false info. the one i get us all deals on is a rotary exactly like the scotts but i like it better then the scotts personally! alot of racers as well as stunters us the GPR stabilizer. it is not a tube dampner! here is a pic of it.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Hmm.. never seen that brand before .... looks nice .... it looks like the company focuses on dirt bikes... Jay, I from their website, I don't see that they have any designation for sport street bikes ... maybe they have made models & mounts ready for street use?

By the way, for others, heres another pic:

***** ADDENDUM *******

Ok -- I just got off the phone with them, and here's the info they gave me:

1) They have developed stabilizers for street bike use --- and yes, they have mounts for SRAD's too.

2) They function similarly to Scott's except that it is different inside, with lesser moving parts, and they believe the simpler internal function is better

3) The adjustment knob is adjustable in either direction -- meaning you can go from 1 (weakest setting) to 6 (strongest setting) and vice versa, in one click

4) They are considering offering different colors, but right now only have black available

5) The retail price is $395, all included... mounts bolts etc ... they are doing group buys (Jay is already taking care of that)

6) They will be sending me a picture of the stabilizer mounted on a street bike (I told them to send me a pic of it mounted on a gixx)

7) Their website currently only features motocross mounts, but in 'about' one week, the website will feature the sportbike applications.

--- so that's what I got for now ...

[ 07-17-2002, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: migz123 ]

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill have a pic today or tomorrow of it mounted on my 99 gixx. ill post it when i get it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts