Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wondering how much faster I should be anticipating to go on my bike, my bike's description is listed and I've had it up to about 150mph and it got there damn fast, I started running out of road so I let off, how fast have all of you guys been on your 750's, if you know the "max speed" that'd be cool too.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I've been upto 150 and it was still pulling but i ran out of road like you did. Your bike should easily do between 165-172. I think 172mph is the maximum they can do.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
i've had just under 180 indicated. proberly more like 170 or so down the A46 leicester road. Dis this every weekend as part of my route to melton mowbry.

even with a bucket full of mods, it takes a unproportionally large amount of power just to go an extra 5m-10ph faster at these speeds. as the wind resistance increases dramatically.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Originally posted by dan uk:
i've had just under 180 indicated. proberly more like 170 or so down the A46 leicester road. Dis this every weekend as part of my route to melton mowbry.

even with a bucket full of mods, it takes a unproportionally large amount of power just to go an extra 5m-10ph faster at these speeds. as the wind resistance increases dramatically.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dammit - I miss that road

I used that road a lot years back, speed testing on my FZR1000.......

As for the potential of a 98 750, I'd say "over 160mph".

I was flicking through the speed trap at 160mph on a trackday a couple of years ago, still accelerating, and I've seen arounf 180 on the speedo, but its hard to tell exacly what speed it was indicating, as a quick glance, and you've travelled a long, long way...

I think that "adequate" to get you jailed for a very long time, is a good description

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
ive had my bike to a indicated speed of 165mph..i didnt look at the tach, but i would say that was about it..the road test of the 98 says it'll do 167mph..at that speed it was very smooth..i live at 4000' elevation.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Been up to 165 mph (indicated, of course). A guy I know had been talking trash about his F3!! being able to pull a Gsxr on the top end. Well, you know how this story ended. I went by him so fast, that I thought he was stopped! Haven't seen the motormouth since.

·
Registered
96 Posts
181 on radar at Daytona.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well Bikeboy I have cleared the clock on mine completely several times and the faster you go the more inaccurate your speedo becomes! But i would have to say BETWEEN 165 & 175 more towards high 165!
Dam got a woody thinking about it!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine is stock,except for a K&N air filter and a +4 advancer...managed to do 290kph(indicated on the meter),which is about 180mph(My meter shows kph).Getting from 170 to 180mph was a real bitch,the needle juz climbs so slowly,but with about 100+ miles of open straight freeway,it is possible

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by eSeMeS1K2:
ive heard they'll do about 130mph!!!!!

really!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">HAHA! I've destroyed 130 no doubt in my mind...I have raced my friend in his Suburu WRX pacing him at top speeds and 130 is very obtainable on a 750.

And damn GisxterX, that sounds like a beautiful road...very jealouse

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
ive hit 172 with a passanger on the fwy a few weeks back...what a rush!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I've had mine to 285 Km/h (178 mph) and i guess it will go a lil faster if i had more road.The tach was on the redline though. Thats fast enough for me and i only been there once.2 up with my g/f i have gotten to 240 before she started showing her displeasure by "politly" hitting me in the ribs.I live at 1600 metres above sea level so even discounting for the inevitable overread i am pretty happy with that speed.

cheers

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've got the same thing with mine, around 285 km/h because at that speed, I'm not stairing at the cluster, I look down the road.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had mine indicate between 170-175 mph. It was still pulling, but also pulling my 140lb butt off the seat so I quit at that speed.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
well the speedo indicate they did but your right its gonna take a hell of alot more than 120 hp +/-5 to hit 180 mines was like that but a busa showed me other wise

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by Bikeboy03:
Hey everyone, just wondering how much faster I should be anticipating to go on my bike, my bike's description is listed and I've had it up to about 150mph and it got there damn fast, I started running out of road so I let off, how fast have all of you guys been on your 750's, if you know the "max speed" that'd be cool too.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
45 Posts
oops first post. Still playin with the smileys
Um yeah anyway i had a reading of 172mph about a month ago with less than half throttle!
I was a foot behind a fireblade at the time though so i was gettin sucked along!
for a stock 750 though i think a true 167mph is about top whack

·
Registered
107 Posts
176 m.p.h.

Deadly speed if not done in the proper place
if there is any on ramps or exits forget it
saw a friend desintegrate once
the car was doing 120
a car clipped him at 155 mph
we were rydn new 1k"s
his bike shot across the entire fronseat and exited the passenger