Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing some work on my Bandit 1200 next week and have the following parts list.

I'm looking for recommendations on vendors - AZ first then anywhere reputable

1. Valve Springs
2. Titanium Retainers
3. Hardwelded Rockers
4. Web #236 (0.370" lift, 246° @ 0.050")

Thanks,

·
Registered
658 Posts
If you want the best job done on state of the art equipment, send it in.
http://www.aperaceparts.com/headwork.html

Not every shop has this equipment. We just finished a guides and valve job on a Bandit head that the customer just had ported and "finished up" at another shop. Never even had it on his bike. He sent it in for us to surface, and asked us to vacuum check it. It wouldn't hold any vacuum. Turns out the guy could port, but lacked the equipment to change out the worn guides and do a correct valve job.

Fortunatly for this customer, when he told his previous head shop what we found, he got his "valve job" refunded to him.

It is not really expensive if it is done right the first time.

Jay

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Jay, when are you guy's supposed to move out in front of Willow like the sign states?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
For the record these guys do VERY nice work. I don't just say that because they USED to sponsor my rider.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Jay, when are you guy's supposed to move out in front of Willow like the sign states?
After all the hoops we have had to jump through, we may start pushing dirt around this summer.
Keep checking here for the latest updates. http://www.aperaceparts.com/move.html

We can't wait to get in there, and all the cool new stuff we are going to be able get into when we have more room.

Who was your rider?

Jay

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Jason Catching.....The man with the #1 plate in CCS Cali region that no longer exists.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I take it you work for APE?

Commission?

I'm almost ready to order some parts, might as well send it through you... If you want.

Thanks,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts