Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Problem: Driving like for 40mins-1h and the bike dies. Ignition off/on again and it starts, I could run for some time again and it dies again. If I let it to cool down a bit I could drive longer.

I read in some post that it could be ECU problem. So I tought maybe I'll check the connectors, they were a little corroded, I cleaned them and I spotted a broken pin.
The broken pin had RED/BLUE wire, what does it do?

Question:Does anyone have 2003 gixxer 1000 ecu wire diagram/pin layout diagram? I didn't find good pictures online.
Question 2: I have Denso 32920 - 18G10 ECU, can i swap it for some other ecu with other code? If so, then which one?

Thank You

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,329 Posts
R/Bl is really important. It's always hot and runs to the ECM, cluster, and fuel pump relay. In later years it maintains the presets in the cluster and the fault code history in the ECM but I don't know about K3/K4. There's a wiring diagram at the back of the service manual and the ECM pinouts are better described here. The corrosion is from moisture getting inside. The connector is sealed and that shouldn't happen. But people remove leads, commonly as part of disabling the EXCVA, and don't plug the empty cavities, which defeats the seal for the entire connector. Pins will break if the corrosion gets bad enough and yours is well on the way. There shouldn't be any blue green deposits or dirt inside the connectors. You can clean things, plug empty cavities, and apply dielectric grease to everything to stop further corrosion. Replacement female contacts and plugs are available. A broken pin can be reattached if you're really skilled. I don't know what 32920-18G10 is about but it can probably be replaced by 32920-18G00, which is for E2/E19. I don't think K3/K4 used an immobilizer so the difference may have something to do with the maps. You could buy a 32920-18G00 or 32920-18G20 and flash it to a 32920-18G10 with a bin from Woolich but I doubt that you'll notice a difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
R/Bl is really important. It's always hot and runs to the ECM, cluster, and fuel pump relay. In later years it maintains the presets in the cluster and the fault code history in the ECM but I don't know about K3/K4. There's a wiring diagram at the back of the service manual and the ECM pinouts are better described here. The corrosion is from moisture getting inside. The connector is sealed and that shouldn't happen. But people remove leads, commonly as part of disabling the EXCVA, and don't plug the empty cavities, which defeats the seal for the entire connector. Pins will break if the corrosion gets bad enough and yours is well on the way. You can clean things, plug empty cavities, and apply dielectric grease to everything to stop further corrosion. Replacement female contacts are available. A broken pin can be reattached if you're really skilled. I don't know what 32920-18G10 is about but it can probably be replaced by 32920-18G00, which is for E2/E19. I don't think K3/K4 used an immobilizer so the difference may have something to do with the maps.

Hi

Thanks for your response. Yes I also noticed an emty cavities and lead that previous owner said was exchaust valve removal.
There are many pins in ECU that has no female respone, can i use any of them for my red/blue wire? Or has every pin on ECU for something but just don't need to be used on particular bike?
If you understand what I'm trying to say, Sorry for my bad English! :D

Also i think 32920 - 18G10 was a map difference, because my bike is from France? And they had some decreased power bikes, so instead of 121kw, my documents only say 78kw.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,329 Posts
^I'd forgot about it but you're right about the restricted power UF model using a different ECM and that's probably what yours is. The R/Bl lead goes to pin 14 on the larger 34 pin connector and nowhere else. There are some pins that are never used and others that are only used for setting the ECM map trims, flashing, or SDS. All empty cavities must be plugged and you're paying the price for them being left unplugged. I've read that the reduced power function can be turned off by grounding (or ungrounding) pin 21 (map select) but have very little information about that.

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
get a new ECU, use some good electrical contact cleaner to clean ALL your connectors, then repack with dielectric grease..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts