Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
How are ye keeping. Im thinking seriously of buying a complete fairing kit for my K6.

It might even be more cheaper to pick up a blue tank used rather than getting her sprayed if I went with the b/w colours.

I have heard the horror stories of Ebay fairings kits, that they do not match up and the parts where the bolts should go her not made in the mold but are simply just glued on after.
I have come across a few different companies and they say they have proper injection molded kits that are 100% but looking deeper they still seem to be made in China.
I know there are basically 2 different made in china things, things made good with professional and quality control and then the other piles of shit.

One Australian company called 12K motor seem to advertise top quality kits at a very fair price, 600AUS plus shipping which in euro is 340 app and 375USD. (shipping 100AUS)
blue/white red/black and black with a lesser amount of red
I have narrowed it down to them 3 with a preference for the last one the black with the red, I have asked for a pic of them on an actual customers bike but they said they didnt have any?.
Have ye lads any experience with this company and if so can ye let me know or possibly point me in a different direction. Their prices seem to be in the middle between the cheaper Chinese ebay ones 160ish and the higher 650eu genuine US made kits.

These 12K kits come with:
  • Full Fairing Kit Panels
  • Free Bolts Set (Spare fairing bolts only)
  • Windscreen
  • Heat Shield
and I was hoping to make my coin back by then selling some of my own fairings or I could keep them as spares or for the track..

the other company Motorcyclefairings.net are made in the good ould US of A do not have much of a selection for my model but are 850usd not incl shipping but are made in house,
this black white kit looks very sexy but if you add in the fittings and matching seat cowl and screen it comes to 900usd, www.motorcyclefairings.net

and finally these Chinese lads 325eu I defo would not go with them from what I have heard and there the same price range as the 12K but are they any better or not I do not know.
So any info and advice ye can throw my way I appreciate it and thanks for reading.

Registered
I've not had them personally but a mate of mine bought chinese fairing set in rizla colours for his tlr looked good but quality was shit didn't fit properly not as flexible the front mud guard cracked when fitting I would buy used genuine if it were me but each to there own. Hope this helps 馃憤

Administrator
eBay fairings are very much hit and miss.

I literally just finished fitting eBay fairings up to an R1 I just bought (tank is being painted as we speak)
They needed some tweaking to fit how I wanted ... the hardwear eg bolts they came with are rubbish so use your factory stuff.

These are surprisingly thicker and somewhat flexible ... iv owned and seen FAR worse !!!!

All up I reckon iv spent $700-800 and I鈥檓 happy 馃憤

Administrator
Hit and miss may be the best description. As I recall, Andr茅 was happy with this.
Exactly mate , iv seen and heard horror stories and seen decent kits.

you should be aware that you are gambling when buying such kits.

Registered
I have been looking for complete fairings for my 01 1000. I do not necessarily need them painted, I will more than likely custom paint them myself.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Well to update on this. Thank you all for yere advice, I took it. I found a company called Auctmarts based in the US. The reviews were very good and after checking out many and I mean many different sellers and companies I have purchased from these lads.

I found the company both sell on ebay and there own site. Not only that but I asked every seller and company for a review page if I could not find one and a pic of the fairings on the actual fucking bikes. Its hard to judge from a pic of a heap of fairings lines out with a massive watermark across them.
Their customer service was the best from any purchase I have ever had and it was nice to have a face to a business.
I found the reviews myself and through their links and I was like wow, I could see picture of real bikers and there new fairings been installed and after which they posted on there own facebook pages and hash tagged the thing to Auctmarts.
The GSXR 1000, 600, 750, and other makes/models were reduced to just $350 USD including free US/Canada shipping, and a full bolt and fitting kit either silver/black etc and a screen , smoked, clear and head shield for the fairings.

not only were they under a 100 of us bucks cheaper than the other sellers that sell on ebay if you used the discount code "auctmarct" you get another 20bucks off.

However as I am in Ireland shipping was 45us but from their official Ebay store you can make an offer and they met me in the middle of my offer and I paid $345 incl shipping and the extras, around 318euro, and 拢265 GBP.

They were honest in there listings and in there own website they clearly said that the fairings would be coming from China/HK and that in reality there are basically only like 2-3 companies over there that make them and all the rest are just reselling. They have their stuff made to a high quality control standard and the reviews basically spoke fro themselves.

I can only review them of my experience so far, and not until they arrive I wont be able to update but I had a good 30 mins speaking live to Joe on there instant message thing.

It was explains that there are 3 different types of ways of manufacturing the fairings.
Compression molding
Injection molding
& Auctmarts quality specific molding with custom painting if desired for the same price and a process called Pro H Coating. They guarantee there fairings will fit 100% and guaranteed.

Unlike the first company I was looking at up on the start of the thread 12K, who could not supply me with not even one fucking picture of the fairings on the bike, I had heaps of pics from Automatrs customers.
There like Frank Lucas of the Fairing trade :) better price, better quality etc.

Now you have also an option of purchasing a tank fairing, which fits your tank perfectly and sealed with a gasket if you went with a kit that required your tank to be a different colour, and a proper paint job on a tank down my way would easy cost 425 plue in euro, as well as the hassle of taking her off, getting a taxi out and back to the painters if you get me.
I inquired from customers that had purchased the tank fairing which sell for 70USD on top of the fairing kit and I was told they look 100% even though I would still prefer a paint job in a perfect situation.

I asked the man would it be possible to get a discount code for us at the club and our forum and he said he will first thing in the morning so many thanks to him and watch this space.

The scheme I went for , click me, was a black/burgandy and it means I can leave my tank alone and the front nose cone too as well as the side panels etc, which is handy.

So that's it for now, looking forward to them coming and I hope everything is good. Be a excuse when taking of the stock to spray them NRC engine covers and install new gaskets onj the headers and bolts too, a job IKve been putting off as fairing can be a bit tricky, ye know well yourselves lol.

I might sell the stock fairing in sections as they command nice money and might even pay off what i spent which would be nice.

They also do race fairings too which really look cool and cover up the headlight and other gaps.

Im not sure if I can post the web address on here but anyone can do a google and find them on FB, Ebay and there own page,
forgot to add afaik there Canadian based I think.

now for some pics and a link to reviews or find them through the companies own site.
Im hoping my bike will look like this when done and my friends k5 will look like this.

<pls n ote pics are from real peoples facebook pages not the company>

You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
I think Andr茅's were from Auctmart. There're all sorts of posts here about them, good and bad. They used to get directly involved in threads here. Good luck.

Registered
I think the only people complaining about Auctmarts fairings are those expecting a $400 fairing set to fit and look like a $2500 OEM fairing. I've got Auctmarts fairings and yes, they did require a bit of fiddling with a file and sand paper to get them to fit correctly, yes, the plastic was more brittle than that of the OEM fairing. However, I can get 5 sets of Auctmarts fairings for the price of a single OEM fairing set, so "repairability" was not a priority and I was honestly impressed by how much I got for that money... It would be more expensive just to get the stickers and have a set of fairings painted than what the whole thing was.

Administrator
I think the only people complaining about Auctmarts fairings are those expecting a $400 fairing set to fit and look like a $2500 OEM fairing. I've got Auctmarts fairings and yes, they did require a bit of fiddling with a file and sand paper to get them to fit correctly, yes, the plastic was more brittle than that of the OEM fairing. However, I can get 5 sets of Auctmarts fairings for the price of a single OEM fairing set, so "repairability" was not a priority and I was honestly impressed by how much I got for that money... It would be more expensive just to get the stickers and have a set of fairings painted than what the whole thing was.
It wasn鈥檛 just a quality issue ... some kits turned up the wrong colour , missing pieces or didn鈥檛 arrive at all.

As I said at the beginning it鈥檚 a gamble with cheaper kits .. but I wouldn鈥檛 make the odds worse by buying from Auctmarts.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Yep cheers lads , My biggest hate with sports bikes is fucking with the fairing, them little pop rivets or trim clips are defo not reusable even designed to be , I was not sure exactly of the sizes so I went a bought a mixed bag of the fucks on ebay from china which have served me well. its a handy excuse too for me to paint them NRC engine covers, they turn an ugly colour exposed to the elements and are impossible to polish up. The header bolts are also rusted and Id like to change them to new ones and slap in a few new gaskets
ps? >> which do ye think are the better ones the copper or the aluminum ones. <<

I lost a windscreen screw trying to fit a tinted screen (XLMoto sent me the wrong one) but my accident I tried using one of the black pop rivets 6mm and it fitted and done the job perfectly , so much in fact I swapped all the screws out and replaced them with the trim clips (pop rivets) and took her for a well decent blast and the fuckers well held the screen and they look much better and flush on the nosecone.

Administrator
I'm pretty sure your odds are the same with all of them, Auctmarts is just another reseller.
I think you鈥檒l find they are worse , their customer service and handling of issues post purchase has PROVEN to be awful.

I know other sellers check kits for quality before posting ... maybe they just can鈥檛 be fucked.

Registered
Just buy abs fairings or OEM. Can鈥檛 go wrong with either of those
ABS fairings?
Can you be more specific?
Provide a link, or even the name of a recommended Manufacturer and Vendor?

I gave in and bought OEM, but I'm sure everyone reading this thread would like a less vague response.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts