Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past few days my tranny has acted a bit weird at times. Just today I was approaching a stoplight in 6th gear, put the clutch in and began to gear down. When I got to 3rd or 4th it wouldn't let me gear down anymore! I then had to go up and down gears a couple of times till it finally went. It also did this when I tried to go from neutral to 1st today. I had to do the same thing of going up and back down until it went. Anybody know what the problem could be?

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Sounds like you need some new tranny fluid

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
...could also be the clutch fluid, though...

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
You need new tires.

·
Registered
358 Posts
when was the last time you changed the oil and with what kind?

·
Premium Member
26,407 Posts
Actually, it sounds like your clutch solenoid is weak. Check it, I bet it just needs a new coil. I think I remember seeing something about this being a possible recall. Take it to your local dealer and ask them.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
you definetly need a new leg. I got one and it fixed my shifting problems the very next day. I chose an elephant leg, to match my other elephant parts.

·
Registered
431 Posts
sounds to me like a new battery is in order, it isnt providing enough juice to the transmission, check the tranny fuse, even if its ok, replace with a 20 amp instead of the recommended 15, that way, more power wil be diverted to the tranny and itll be able to make those shifts easier.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
yer all bang out of order.....
it sounds like the oil in the bike is too thick. Oil is shared between the engine, gear box and clutch on these bikes (dont mean to patronise). to rectify this, put half a pint of either water or diet coke (normal coke contains too much sugar for this application) in with the oil.
you'll notice the difference almost straight away.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
it sounds like the oil in the bike is too think.
Yeah, thinking oil is bad for performance: "Hmm - should I or should I not go all the way around the lubrication system again - damn long... and I haven't gotten a raise in years... Hey! Goddam facist lube system - you don't own me! What have YOU done for ME lately, bla, bla bla..."

Get some retarded oil instead, will just do it's work without complaining

·
Registered
14 Posts
My friend had this same problem on his. All we did was change the flux capacitor. It shouldnt be to hard, jsut look right next to the rotary pistons and try not to touch the BrakeLight fluid and you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
26,407 Posts
My friend had this same problem on his. All we did was change the flux capacitor. It shouldnt be to hard, jsut look right next to the rotary pistons and try not to touch the BrakeLight fluid and you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts

this is almost as funny as the squid trophy that Dough(lady)boy won. do you people make these things up?

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
Google Images is a wonderful thing, my Limey friend.
I've learnt that since joining up here!!!!

Thread hijack but where does the phrase Limey come from. Only ever heard it in NY before.

·
Premium Member
26,407 Posts
Google Images is a wonderful thing, my Limey friend.
I've learnt that since joining up here!!!!

Thread hijack but where does the phrase Limey come from. Only ever heard it in NY before.
I honestly do not know the origin of it. I think it has something to do with a Lyme Disease epidemic in the British army during one of the World Wars, but

Or maybe GB is where the idea of putting limes in Corona's originated?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

this is almost as funny as the squid trophy that Dough(lady)boy won. do you people make these things up?
I made the squid trophy in paint damnit. I was going to put my name on it (boganz45) but figured people would associate my name to squid so I did not. I cannot remember though who I made it for. I think it was for some guy who wrecked without a helmet at www.gsxr.com. He was fine but rashed his face up after going like 45 mph into a guardrail by himself a few days into owning his 05 Gix 600 while trying to "stunt" on a patch of sand or something. Later,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts