Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Lady Gaga's biggest fan
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am looking into gear so my gf can ride with me, and i was wondering, is there a certain site that the girls go to that cater to their needs specifically. Or are you girls just getting gear for men? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but being that i am a guy, i haven't ever looked for girl gear lol. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So i am looking into gear so my gf can ride with me, and i was wondering, is there a certain site that the girls go to that cater to their needs specifically. Or are you girls just getting gear for men? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but being that i am a guy, i haven't ever looked for girl gear lol. Thanks for the help.
Go to any big motorcycle store and they will have what you need.

I prefer Arlen Ness myself they have vary nicelooking ladies racingsuites.

here is a picture of my gear
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255867

·
Lady Gaga's biggest fan
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, that one piece is nice. Wish i had one for myself.

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts
pretty much every major brand now makes comprehensive women's gear. any decent bike shop should carry it.

alpinestars, joe rocket, technic, dainese, feilsheer, and a plethora of others have plenty to look for.

is there something you're looking for in particular?

·
Lady Gaga's biggest fan
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to get her a good textile/Mesh jacket, gloves, and some type of pants. I gotta protect my baby!

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts
i'd definitely recommend a*, joe rocket's alter ego (textile and mesh, works for sumer and winter and is very adjustable), and SOME icon stuff.

gloves, i'd sway more towards a* and icon. look for a solid knuckle, with good ventilation. the area between the thumb and pointer finger should be really tight when she has her hand extended. a little bit of slack in the finger tips is ok, but you don't want too much.

what helmet do you have her in?

·
Lady Gaga's biggest fan
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its what i had funds for atm. As time progresses ill get her a better one.

·
Premium Member
17,163 Posts
Check out ironpony.com They've got some pretty good deals in their close-out section. My wife got a set of Teknic leather jacket and pants for less than $200 for both together a year or so ago...and looks like they've still got a few similar deals

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I get most my gear from newenough.com. Great company, great photos, great reviews, and unbeatable no-cost refund/return policy. They put real people in their gear & take lots of photos from all angles. If you find something in the bargain basement of the closeouts, prices can't be beat either. Exceptional company.

·
Nothing but Adrenaline-Fueled Business Ends
25,701 Posts
Being in TX and a former Dallas girl, I'm a fan of MotoLiberty. Female owned and operated, great selection of women's gear on hand. I understand they do well for shipping too... but no personal experience. Have her try various stuffs on to see what fits - that's what is most important. I have Olympia AirGlide top and bottom, and love them. I'm always looking for more gear though :D

Gloves I can't help you with, as I've always had "eh, they'll do" gloves, nothing I've been in love with.

·
Premium Member
17,163 Posts
^^^ TRUE THAT!!! Wife and I stopped by Moto Liberty on the way home from the International Motorcycle Show back in November. That place is like Motorcycle Graceland :drool

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
my wife wants to sell her Joe Rocket textile jacket. Bought in 2007, wore once, size small!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all! Im new to all of this. My bf just got his bike working again and now I get to be his tag along (which really makes me want to learn to ride all on my own). I am looking for gear that is safe (duh) but very breathable. He plans on taking us taking some long trips really soon and the idea of wearing his heavy 'winter' coat doesn't sound like fun at all (not to mention it isn't even close to fitting). Any suggestions would really help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
LOVE scorpion gear!!! :yumyum

But that isn't to say that nothing else is good, I just feel like scorpion fits me really good. Leather jackets are nice, especially because they are protective and if you get too hot some of them you can take out the liner. That also takes into consideration that I'm 5'3 and weigh 110lbs so I don't get hot very easily.

Also I really love sportbiketrackgear.com, they have some pretty good deals and vids that give you a good idea of the gear.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
(not to mention it isn't even close to fitting). Any suggestions would really help.
Too big isn't good. Can't protect you properly. My favorite place is newenough.com. Go to Closeouts then Bargain Basement for their best bargains. Service can't be beat. Super photos and return policy, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We went out last night and I tried on the two jackets the shop had for ladies in my size. They had an Alpinestars and a Frank Thomas. If I had to choose between the two it would be the Frank Thomas just because it seemed a little more flexible. With the Alpinestar the padding was harder but it was digging into my shoulders. Now, as these are the first two motorcycle jackets I have ever tried on, I am really not one to give a review. I plan on heading to another shop on Tuesday to try on some others.

kawigirl259
Re: Girls....Need Gear info
LOVE scorpion gear!!!

But that isn't to say that nothing else is good, I just feel like scorpion fits me really good. Leather jackets are nice, especially because they are protective and if you get too hot some of them you can take out the liner. That also takes into consideration that I'm 5'3 and weigh 110lbs so I don't get hot very easily.
Are you a small or extra small in scorpion? They only had one jacket in XS and it fit me better then the small when I tried on the two jackets last night. If your one size in one brand is it pretty much the same throughout the other brands?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
it depends on the brand. my gf is an XS, 5'4" 113 lbs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts