Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
No talent eh-hole squid, who stunts in traffic wea
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for all you ladies. I take it that most of you are 20 years of age or older. My recently ex-girlfriend who is 18, most important of all has been my best friend for the last 5 years or so has decided to break it off. I'm 20 and she's 18. And after a year of dating she decides to end it. Last week has been crazy messed up for both of us with family problem of our own and out of no where she says she can't do it anymore and has cut all contact with me and says maybe we can talk again in a couple months. I thought he was kidding? She said no, kissed me goodbye and left... Now for the question. I know she's young but were anyone you like that? Just change your mind in the span of a week after a year? Thanks for the insite. Just so confused and lost and geez I don't even know what to think?

·
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plenty of fish in the sea brotha
Nah... Best friend since grade 9, second year of college now. She means to much. I just wanna know if this is normal for an almost adult young woman?

·
I am a tater tot; young, not stout. Here is my bab
11,321 Posts
I have a question for all you ladies. I take it that most of you are 20 years of age or older. My recently ex-girlfriend who is 18, most important of all has been my best friend for the last 5 years or so has decided to break it off. I'm 20 and she's 18. And after a year of dating she decides to end it. Last week has been crazy messed up for both of us with family problem of our own and out of no where she says she can't do it anymore and has cut all contact with me and says maybe we can talk again in a couple months. I thought he was kidding? She said no, kissed me goodbye and left... Now for the question. I know she's young but were anyone you like that? Just change your mind in the span of a week after a year? Thanks for the insite. Just so confused and lost and geez I don't even know what to think?
I don't mean to be rude or try to make you feel bad, but to me it sounds like there is another guy...
Obviously I could be wrong, but it sounds kinda fishy to me. Been there done that.

·
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't mean to be rude or try to make you feel bad, but to me it sounds like there is another guy...
Obviously I could be wrong, but it sounds kinda fishy to me. Been there done that.
Actually there isn't. All her friends are my friends too, they'd tell me. That's legit not it though. She says "we're holding each other back," which I don't get. I not controlling in the least bit. And neither is she. We're more best friends than bf/gf most of the time?

·
11,321 Posts
Actually there isn't. All her friends are my friends too, they'd tell me. That's legit not it though. She says "we're holding each other back," which I don't get. I not controlling in the least bit. And neither is she. We're more best friends than bf/gf most of the time?
trust me, you would be surprised what even your own friends hold back from you. Sorry, I shouldn't be so negative about it but i'm just letting you know about my experience with the issue. I really hope it's nothing for your sake. Hopefully everything works out.

·
11,321 Posts
might just wanna cut your losses and move on. I know that's not easy to do because it sounds like you really love her, but it will be easier now than if you got back together and something like this happened again. I would say that if you weren't friends for so long before than it's a good thing something like this happened now instead of a few more years down the road. But since you have known here for so long, makes it a very tricky situation.

·
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
might just wanna cut your losses and move on. I know that's not easy to do because it sounds like you really love her, but it will be easier now than if you got back together and something like this happened again. I would say that if you weren't friends for so long before than it's a good thing something like this happened now instead of a few more years down the road. But since you have known here for so long, makes it a very tricky situation.
Yeah. It's tough alright. And That's why. Cause I've grown up with her.

·
Registered
526 Posts
hey dude you said she is 18, you have been dating for a year and have known eachother for five.

first off, do you realize how much people change between the ages of 15 and 20? i mean you can be a different person from month to month. you mature, learn what the world is offering, become legal, getting close to drinking age.

and let alone being at COLLEGE? shit man, my first year of college girls were like picking cards from a deck. always someone new. you learn so much and make so many connections. i remember from semester to semester i would want so many different new girls cuz each one i had a connection with.

dude, i know its hard and it will take time but your in the best place of your life. learning a shit ton of stuff, meeting new people. find a girl from one of your classes. stop talking to her for now and if something is supposed to happen later it will.

yes life will suck and your gonna be in pain for a bit. pussy will always make you feel better. offer a girl in a class a ride on your bike. you wont regret it.

·
11,321 Posts
hey dude you said she is 18, you have been dating for a year and have known eachother for five.

first off, do you realize how much people change between the ages of 15 and 20? i mean you can be a different person from month to month. you mature, learn what the world is offering, become legal, getting close to drinking age.

and let alone being at COLLEGE? shit man, my first year of college girls were like picking cards from a deck. always someone new. you learn so much and make so many connections. i remember from semester to semester i would want so many different new girls cuz each one i had a connection with.

dude, i know its hard and it will take time but your in the best place of your life. learning a shit ton of stuff, meeting new people. find a girl from one of your classes. stop talking to her for now and if something is supposed to happen later it will.

yes life will suck and your gonna be in pain for a bit. pussy will always make you feel better. offer a girl in a class a ride on your bike. you wont regret it.
:cheers well said.
plus 1 on the age part. Have fun while you can.

·
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I'm not there for a good time haha more for an education. I live almost 2 hours away, each way. And I don't go for "a good time girl," that's why I like this one. She's not a hoe. She was legit.

·
Registered
330 Posts
thats rough dude. I'm more leaning with steven up there, I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone else in a couple weeks. College is a tricky time, you want to experience new stuff. I just finished with it, I had met a girl in my second semester and really liked her and was really happy with her. but a year and a half later I decided that I was done with that kind of relationship, and wanted something else. It sucked, she was a nice enough girl but I needed some more growing up.

A good friend once told me. "In order to get over one girl,you have to get under another"

Words of freakin Wisdom!

·
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats rough dude. I'm more leaning with steven up there, I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone else in a couple weeks. College is a tricky time, you want to experience new stuff. I just finished with it, I had met a girl in my second semester and really liked her and was really happy with her. but a year and a half later I decided that I was done with that kind of relationship, and wanted something else. It sucked, she was a nice enough girl but I needed some more growing up.

A good friend once told me. "In order to get over one girl,you have to get under another"

Words of freakin Wisdom!
Ha are you all women? Wasn't the advice I was expecting from girls :lol
And I think I'll just be focussing on me for a while. Got two months of school left. Get a job, move out.

·
Hates the French..especially Le Skid
4,223 Posts
Sorry to hear this ice, as steven said I've been there and done that, someone once said:

'Its better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all'

I say to that guy:

Fucking try it buddy, it hurts like a mother fucker!!

Can't really offer advice because love's a difficult game to play, I just Hope it turns out for the best for you pal, I really do:thumbup

End of soppy shit:biggrin

·
Taught Goatsee everything he "knows"
12,629 Posts
trust me, you would be surprised what even your own friends hold back from you.
+1

Think of the things you never tell your friends and you get the point.

·
Registered
169 Posts
So does anyone else find it funny not one girl has replied?

+1 another guy, she is young, inexperianced and wants to see what other options she has.

Dude your young, people suck they lie cheat and steal. You never really know someone. Best friends for 5 years doesnt mean jack. I would say if you really love her stay her friend (not her bitch) and hopefully the other guy will treat her like shit and she will come running back. It is just a question of do you want her back.

I went through this exact same shit when I was 20 as well. I waited, she came back, but I never really forgave her. We dated another 3 years and I never got over it that she got to fool around while I waited on the side line for her.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I forgot how naive young people are. +1 on the other guy bit. Your 20, get over it by going out and "experiencing" the collage girls around you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.