Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know which of the two is better. I know most people will just side with whatever they chose but tell me pros/cons of each if you can. I know Sato rearsets are kind of small for feet, but I've talked to some people and most said that they have gotten used to them. So chime in and talk about these rearsets and help me make a decision.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I have the sato's and I love em. A lot of people w/ other rearsets said they take some gettin used to but I really had no problem adjusting to these I love the extra grippiness(SP) of them:thumbup. I haven't had any problems w/ them at all and they look sharp.;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
both rearsets are super smooth and awesome. the gilles are a bit cheaper, but in all honesty you should get what you like the looks of best. that is what it should come down to as for function they are darn near identical. personally i like the looks of gilles, but it's just my opinion. Like i said these two ware so close it should be your own personal opinion based on looks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IMO the Gilles look a lot better, but why are they 60 dollars cheaper? I know with bike products you get what you pay for so can anyone else chime in in case they've had experience on both? Like I said Gilles looks a lot better, but money isn't the deciding factor for me so I wouldn't mind paying for Satos if they are better. Motomummy you've got my business for sure cuz I'm buying a lot of stuff today from you.

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
different importers and different distributors...gilles are sold by larger distributors who buy a good bit more for one. imported from diff places, etc...trust me the quality is the same. sato's come from a much smaller distributor compared to gilles who have 2 large distributors. that's the reason for the price difference. In thise case i wouldn't say you get what you pay for. Like I said i would go off looks and looks alone between these two. both are top notch

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Motomummy you've got a sale buddy... check your PM

·
Touches wangs, because he touches his own
4,510 Posts
MotoMummy said:
both rearsets are super smooth and awesome. the gilles are a bit cheaper, but in all honesty you should get what you like the looks of best. that is what it should come down to as for function they are darn near identical. personally i like the looks of gilles, but it's just my opinion. Like i said these two ware so close it should be your own personal opinion based on looks.
Do the Gillies offere a shorter throw adjustment like the Sato's on the shift lever? I'm curious as it doesn't state, and I can't find pics.

Thanks,

Grav.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this but where do the Vortex rearsets fit in to this comparison.

Also, besides adjustability and moving your feet up and back a little do aftermarket rearsets offer any other function. Peace, B2.

·
Registered
50 Posts
XAC750 said:
I don't mean to hijack this but where do the Vortex rearsets fit in to this comparison.

Also, besides adjustability and moving your feet up and back a little do aftermarket rearsets offer any other function. Peace, B2.
I have some Vortex comming this week, I can post pics and review.
I will be selling my Sato's later in the week...

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,548 Posts
Anyone has pics of the Gilles installed on the 600/750 K6?? I would love to see it. I want the Gilles but i never seen before on the gixxer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Bump 4 Pics.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Battousai said:
I think Gilles is a German company.
Anyway all pictures were taken at home, except the last one. That one was at a trackday on Francorchamps.
Yeah, the last pic with the race fairings on is why I asked. Noticed the van with the 'Route du Luxembourg' address and the luxembourg phone number starting with 26 in the background.

Since Gilles' address and contact number is in Luxemburg I thought you may live there... http://www.gillestooling.com/en/kontakt.php

Congrats on your bike. It looks really awesome :punk

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.