Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke off one of my swing arm spool tabs by sending my bike down the side of Motorsport Ranch doing cart-wheels while I slid along on my ass watching it. Funny thing was it stopped perfectly upside down setting on its gas tank. As a work around to replacing the swing arm I though the gilles gp style lifter might work. Can you still get the axle out of the gilles chain adjusters with the weight of the bike on them? Is it stable for servicing and changing the tire? Any other advice is appreciated. Thanks

·
Here is your "R"
6,923 Posts
I got a funny story about those swing arm nuts lol. I crashed my bike in my neighborhood after i washed the bike. Got it rewelded at a metal fabricator shop for 60 bucks. then 3 weeks later, at one of my race I lowside and sheared off the other side. I just got fed up, went to a friends mc shop bought the biggest spools I can buy, went to a hardware shop purchased long grade 8 bolts and nuts. Took a drill and drilled right above the old nut through the sides of the swingarm.

Or you can buy a new swing arm, on ebay they sell from 30-150 depending on your bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Ibidu1
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing