Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. I thought for sure the Packers were going to win a low scoring game but just looked like shit the 2nd half of that one. Brett took it all on his shoulders and the mistakes cost his team the game ultimately. Had he been more careful with the ball they would have won easily and even throwing two critical picks NY still needed OT to win the game by 3pts. Congrats to the Giants and I hope they have some left in the tank for the Pats but I think the trophy is already being engraved.

·
Registered
328 Posts
+1, I'm a GB fan and I hate when he does this...:banghead

But the way we're looking, we're set for next year. Bring it.:chucks

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
well, all i have to say is the giants wanted it more today, they played better overall than the packers, and they made plays when it counted.. a win is a win, no matter how you look at it and no matter how many "what ifs" you can come up with...

:punk:punkGO G-MEN!!:punk:punk

BTW, im sorry for brett favre.. i think hes one of the best QBs in the game and a great guy to boot.. i hope he will be back next year and get another shot at the title:cheers

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
this entire season the G-men have just found a way to win. Now they got hot at the perfect time, and Eli is playing the best football of his short career. I smell an upset coming in Arizona!!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
BTW, im sorry for brett favre.. i think hes one of the best QBs in the game and a great guy to boot.. i hope he will be back next year and get another shot at the title:cheers
would you retire knowing that your last throw was picked by the giants and ultmatly led to the loss. imo the giants played the pats better than any other team in the league this season if anybody can do it its the g-men

·
Registered
871 Posts
would you retire knowing that your last throw was picked by the giants and ultmatly led to the loss. imo the giants played the pats better than any other team in the league this season if anybody can do it its the g-men
Yes they did but you don't get any trophy for being No.2..........PATS are gonna beat them AGAIN....

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Burress was the difference in the game. Even though Al Harris is a great corner, he should have been given more help to cover Burress.

Eli looks like a different QB than early in the season. He lacked confidence and was poor on his decision-making. Looked a lot more mature last night.

I really thought Tynes would make the field goal in OT. What did he have to lose? He had already missed two, everyone thought it was a gimme that he would miss from 47. Really...in a way...the pressure was off.

Did anyone see the 3 chicks in thebikini tops? HA

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The pack screwed themselves with stupid penalties, and not giving Harris help covering Plaxico. Sucks that they lost, I'm a NE fan but really wanted to se the NE/GB Superbowl. Don't worry Green Bay We will beat up the giants for you.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Eli played a hell of a game and didn't make any mistakes. Brett did make a couple mistakes but I think the ultimate reason for the loss is due to them completly giving up on the running game. They had something like 28 total rushing yards. You can't win without a running game.

Congrats NYG, good luck against the pats

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can take your pick: Interception war, stupid penalties or poor rushing execution. It was a game close enough that any one of them could have been the difference of making the Superbowl or not.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I personally think the score is a bit miss-leading. It sure seems like the G-Men beat us by a lot more than 3. They had missed two earlier field goals and had a long td run called back due to a holding penalty. I was at the game and haven't had the chance to actually watch the tape of it. You miss a lot actually being at the game but it sure seemed like they pretty much completely gave up on the run game after the first quarter. They needed to get the run game established. Grant has proven that he is capable of carrying the load and for whatever reason GB decided that was not the direction they wanted to go.

Favre threw a few crucial pics but I think most of the blame should go on the coaching staff. Green bay was out coached.

On a side note it looks like Manning has finally came around and shouldn't have to deal with the criticism anymore. Eli got to the big game quicker than his brother. He played flawlessly last night and handled a huge game at lambeau in the extreme cold extremely well.

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
I'm happy to announce that I couldn't be any happier that the packers lost. It has nothing to do with me living in MN (I'm a Cowboys fan), but it has everything to do with living so close to the Wisconsin border and in proximity to so many packers fans that I no longer have to listen to their obnoxious stupidity.

It's great here, now. It's like a gigantic mass suicide... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts