Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 750 when i met her several years ago. She didnt have a problem with it then. Upgraded to k5 1k, most fun bike I have ever ridden. Feb 06 I was T-Boned by a chevy malibu, had all my gear on, Bike destroyed, minor injuries (swelling of my knee to twice its normal size, bruised but no broken bones). One of the saddest days I can remember. Almost cried when I saw my bike at the tow yard. I think the call I made from inside the ambulance to her was the saddest one shes had. I will soon be able to afford a new bike again. I havent been the same without one. She sees me surfing on here and lookin at pics. Told her that she cant change my mind, I love her to death, but nothing compares to the freedom of riding. I told her I'm going to get one, with or without her, so the threat is useless. Today she almost had me convinced to get a stand up jet ski (another toy I will aquire soon) instead, thanks to this site, that didnt last long.

I'm afraid she might get the best of me.....:hammer

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
First I'd ask her what she's affraid of? Fear manifests itself in anger. Sounds like everytime she thinks of you on a bike she remembers "That Call" & doesn't want to go through that again. I kinda went throught the same thing back in October. I totaled my old bike 3 weeks after my son was born. I just bought a K7 1K,she wasn't that happy, however she understands what riding means to me & it's a lot cheaper than a therapist.
Good luck man.

Joshua

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife wigged out when I came home with my new 600 a week ago! I mean ape shit! So I just reminded here that I did not want a 35,000 dollar pool she did! I also reminded her that I was not the one that wanted a new hummer either! So I could have this and she could leave if she did not like it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Having a bike is who you are, without one you will not be the same person. At some point you will resent her for changing who you are

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Her concern shouldn't bother you: the fact that she threatened you with an ultimatum, however, should. Like SPL said, happy trails.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Get the new bike. Thats ultimate happiness mate. How often does a bike nag at you or talk back and give you shit?

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,130 Posts
Great :D Then you can take the passenger pegs off and leave the seat cowl on :banana

·
Banned
893 Posts
Man that sucks, Id buy the bike anyway. My g/f started yelling at me today because i had a friend call wanting to buy mine, and im considering it. Figured if i can sell it for more than its worth, i can make some profit, buy another, and be happier than before.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
buy the bike, if you give in she will leave you anyways cuz she'll think your a pussy

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Sit her down and talk to her about it. The girl I currently date absolutely hates bikes more then anything else, but she will not ask me to stop riding as she knows how great I feel going out. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the support! Lots of good points, and its exactly how I feel. The main reason for her worry is the roads in FL are much more dangerous than the roads in CT, where we moved from. I was only down here for a month before I was T-Boned. Experiencing how dangerous it is first hand, is all I need to wear my gear every time I hop on a bike. No need to worry there. I have to ride with the mentality that everyone is out to kill me. Although the nights are the best time to ride down here.

And you guys are right, if she does go bye bye, at least I'll have a brand new bike!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
So long! Farewell! Something something something!

I hate to leave this very pretty sight!

Adu! Adu! To you and you and you!

haha... i forget how the commercial goes, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Greek-R750 said:
Had my 750 when i met her several years ago. She didnt have a problem with it then. Upgraded to k5 1k, most fun bike I have ever ridden. Feb 06 I was T-Boned by a chevy malibu, had all my gear on, Bike destroyed, minor injuries (swelling of my knee to twice its normal size, bruised but no broken bones). One of the saddest days I can remember. Almost cried when I saw my bike at the tow yard. I think the call I made from inside the ambulance to her was the saddest one shes had. I will soon be able to afford a new bike again. I havent been the same without one. She sees me surfing on here and lookin at pics. Told her that she cant change my mind, I love her to death, but nothing compares to the freedom of riding. I told her I'm going to get one, with or without her, so the threat is useless. Today she almost had me convinced to get a stand up jet ski (another toy I will aquire soon) instead, thanks to this site, that didnt last long.

I'm afraid she might get the best of me.....:hammer
you kiddin'?

git that bike! :cheers

1 - 20 of 83 Posts