Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Yearning for a higher post count...
Suzuki GSXR 600 & 1000
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm curious to hear what you guys think about riders trying to get their elbows down? Years ago it was about trying to get your knee down but in recent years, riders seem to now want to get their elbow down. Is this a growing trend?

On the track, riders use their knee as a guide in/out of the apex but some use elbows in extreme BP which I think has grown riders' curiosity to try.

I've gotta admit, I wondered too. After some serious practice, I was able to get my elbow down and yeah I definitely remember that "oh shit I did it" moment.

Have you ever wanted to get your elbow down or have done it? Or think it's nonsense and , ridiculous? :D

· Yearning for a higher post count...
Suzuki GSXR 600 & 1000
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Still trying to be there. But I like to let it come naturally as my speed increase rather then pushing just for the moment of glory.
I agree as I never pushed it either; just getting there little by little. I only thought about it but never thought I could even do it :D:oops:. I've come close in the past but it's scary as well. I've actually practiced on the track but finally succeeded at a large empty lot just to get used to the body positioning. Don't think it's something to do at every turn as I'm definitely no racer but simply just to do it for pure FUN !!!!

Feeling was incredible.

· Registered
15 Posts
definitely, if you have the speed and line and the corner requires it then it will just happen. I guess my biggest point is when you exaggerate it, then it can create a problem that wasn't there to begin with cuz you are changing the center of gravity more than needed and you are probaly reaching and stretching more than you need to when can cause the chassis to move around in a part of the track where it doesn't need to be moving.

· Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
15,106 Posts
Just remember it's easy to do with horrible BP.... getting your elbow down isn't really meaningful. I've got shorter arms and torso. The only way I'll ever drag elbow is if everything is draggin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts