Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about the next set of mods for next winter's projects. If they're easy enough, I might not wait, except for the couple weeks of holidays I'm on. Riding through those.

What's the best way to get a little lift on the back end? I noticed a pic somebody posted in here not too long ago that had the back end way high, not into that, but some lift is needed. I already dropped the front a half inch and seeing improvement in the handling department on the local twists. Not interested in changing the rear shock, if I can help it - it seems to be working fine right now.

·
Registered
811 Posts
i tried to lift the rear of my 85 cause with the 17 inch wheel it is now pretty low...but i found the chain will hit the frame if ya raise the rear at all...that is lower the swingarm. the bottom part of the chain will hit the lower part of the frame and the upper part of the chain will run over the rubber thingy around the swingarm...

so dont think it can be done with outsome major mods

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
fabrticate a adjustable top shock mount. I've seen them where you loosin a lock nut, and the mount is made out of a bolt you just screw it up or doun to where ever you want the ride height to be

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I've got custom fabbed dog bones on my 91 with a Penski shock, they're shorter than stock. The mod was done by GMD computrac, I could give you the measurement center to center.

·
Registered
811 Posts
like i said in my first post...ya cant raise the rear...robben has afirst gen bike which ya cant raise...the second gen i know fuk all about but i gather ya can raise it...

robben, easy way to check. hang the rear off the roof. drop the shock out. and raise it up. youll find the chain hits!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts