Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm repopulating my gallery (finally) with a few pics. I'm still trying to read off of a backup disk ARRRGHH.....!! I'll have to see if Mr. Gixxer still has that media with some of the others. Cheers

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
sounds like a lota fun working with backup disks. hope that you get all that you are needing to get back your gallery.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drat, it would seem that my compooooter is upgefucht somewhat (its been running on baling wire and scotch tape for ages), fortunately, I've got a decent digital camera finally, so will run off some new jpegs to show the latest mods etc (eg, the installed brakes).

Hey Dan, good to be back...my health has proscribed much in the way of riding etcl for about a season and a half. 2005 should be the change year

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
BC hope to see the endless nonsense done to your bike,I've also thrown mass cash into my "Moneypit" but hey,at least we have somethng to show for it.

Bobbychet

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ummmm, yup, kinda slow out of the gate on this
...fortunately, not wearing out the digicam at this rate, right?? Fuck....pics will come. I've pretty much given up on restoring the upgefucht disk, so will have to take a series of new ones.

I will also update the list of mods and let you know Bobby....maybe help you bust your pocketbook some more, much like both of ours is already

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, took a few dark shots from the underground parking lot. I should have better shots as the season progresses, especially ones with the bodywork removed

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
BC I think I'm done busting my pocket book for a while,you know your'e bad when nothing on e-bay catches your eye. I'm looking to rebuild my clutch line and slave maybe a chrome kickstand.......

Bobbychet

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
you know your'e bad when nothing on e-bay catches your eye.

Bobbychet
Ain't that the truth!!!
Other than the Ti Yosh pipe there hasn't been anything on Ebay to catch my eye in almost a year!!

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
Yeah..... it was the back half (mid pipe and Carbon Cannister) of the full Ti Yoshimura system for a 93-95 GSXR 750. It wasn't listed as such but I have a good eye for picking the details out of a picture. I just wish I had the Ti headers now to complete the system. I had a guy trying to sell me a works Ti header (minus the mid pipe and cannister) last year but I've lost his contact info!

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mmmmmmm, pipes. I've got the headers and mid pipe by Arrow to match my exhaust. Just need this winter to wrap and install.

All in all, I think the GSXR1000 has really stole the thunder from everything else, but hey, older skool for me

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup. They aren't all that good, but show a few of the techie points. I'll have to 'repopulate' the pic gallery over the summer

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Wow she is pretty dark in there! Those blue Chicanes look sweet with the paint job and lines.What kind of front brake calipers are those? they look good!
Bobbychet

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks man, appreciate it

The calipers are by KAD (Kent Auto Development) out of the UK. They are diff bore and monobloc. The nice thing is that they use the TLR1000 pads, making it simple to maintain. I thought that the stockers were nice, with good pads and SS lines, but these are far superior, so go me. They are, coincidentally, the last bolt on option for the bike as a project. Now what is left is engine rebuild and boxing in parts of the frame interior for stiffening blah blah blah blah blah....

Re the Chicanes, I still can't believe the hi Q of their blue anodise option, it has stood up beautifully. Not to mention that the dirt doesn't show as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts