Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Looks good so far but i got a question?

Why did you do it like that? so you could run the axle in the stock location also and run in in the extended location? If so how are you gonna run the chain adjusters up to the stock axle location? You need something to hold the wheel in position if you run it in the stock location or the torque from the chain will yank the wheel sideways the first time you hit it hard and cause BIG problems. Most i have seen or done were cut before the stock location and all the stock holes and adjusters were just spaced back "x" inches. Heres how mine is.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm not sure how my budy is going to do it
but thats kinda what i was thinking. right now i have a 6 over trac moly arm on my bike just is not enough you know
lanch to hard and it just stands up around 10 oclock
i dont like that to much this arm is going to be 8-10
with under braceing
i will let you know more when i do

jimmy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey 1216,
whats happening? I see how yours is done, basically cut off the stock adjuster and add a piece of tube or solid stock to get the length, nice job. I however just machine a complete new extension and it will have the adjuster "bolt" like the new style gixxer arms have. The 2 holes in the block are for the length adjustment, +8 & +10. Any ????'s, I will be glad to answer.
thanks
mark

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Originally posted by bigtoe:
Hey 1216,
whats happening? I see how yours is done, basically cut off the stock adjuster and add a piece of tube or solid stock to get the length, nice job. I however just machine a complete new extension and it will have the adjuster "bolt" like the new style gixxer arms have. The 2 holes in the block are for the length adjustment, +8 & +10. Any ????'s, I will be glad to answer.
thanks
mark
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You have no plans to use the stock axle location hole anymore then correct? if so then what you are doing will work quite fine. My buds have made a few like that, just making all new slider blocks ETC.

·
Registered
24 Posts
got any pics of your bikes? I love looking at things other people do in different situations, you can get alot of ideas just from pics. SHOW EM' if ya got em' thanks,
mark
btw where in NY are you?

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Originally posted by bigtoe:
got any pics of your bikes? I love looking at things other people do in different situations, you can get alot of ideas just from pics. SHOW EM' if ya got em' thanks,
mark
btw where in NY are you?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">bikes
http://home.earthlink.net/~redlineracing/

I'm in rochester, right on Lake ontario.
STILL waiting for snow so i can take my sled out for a rip, another cruddy NY winter..............

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks bigtoe i couldn't figure out how to explane it
you know i'm just a painter not a fabby like you but good job

jimmy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts