Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the opportunity to purchase a 1994 GSXR-750 with 3100 miles on it. The bike has been sitting indoors for 10 years. I do not know much about water cooling units I have on three 1992 GSX are 1100s. I am looking to pick up this bike this weekend and was wondering how to wake up this bike from my 10 year sleep without doing any damage. Any advice on thread topics to walk me through this would be great also I would love to what’s on the 1994 model but I will start a different thread thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1994 Gsxr 750 information

Has mentioned in my previous thread I’ve always had oil called Gsxr. This would be my first water cooled.I would like thoughts on specifically the 1994 model because it’s to my understanding that there were many changes in this year. Any problematic areas on the bike that should be addressed immediately. I ready that the 95 was a better bike. I’m still digging through threads , I guess I was looking for a cliff notes thanks

·
Juvenile Thinker
292 Posts
Check wiring, especially the connectors at the fairing to the front end, and all grounds. Carbs likely will need attention after sitting that long. 1993-95 were nearly identical, and parts are interchangeable between the three. Find a service manual for it they are availble on line. Other than that, fluids, bearings, seals, etc, all the normal stuff.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Picked up the bike today and all looks well aside from normal things from a bike sitting. Good thing it was kept in a garage with a bit of heat. While in the process of changing fluids,plugs etc. have a couple of questions . Are these gas filters stock and what are these wires. Also if the filters are not stock what size hose should I buy to replace. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
there was an issue with the fuel emulsion tubes wearing on these bike which caused over fuelling at low revs. This is an easy fix though as the tubes and needles are still available through Suzuki, I recommend replacing these if you think there is a fuelling problem with the bike.

cheers

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I was told , the filters are not factory and I quess I should of figured that out from the zip ties. Now on to the wires

·
Juvenile Thinker
292 Posts
Not factory on the fuel filters. As for the wires, the orange/green one at the front of the bike is likely the extra horn connections (the black goes with it should have a blue tracer). Put a meter on it and see if it has 12V with bike running. The pink one in the back, if it's original, would be the neutral switch wire but not sure how they would bypass the connection to the ignitor.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not factory on the fuel filters. As for the wires, the orange/green one at the front of the bike is likely the extra horn connections (the black goes with it should have a blue tracer). Put a meter on it and see if it has 12V with bike running. The pink one in the back, if it's original, would be the neutral switch wire but not sure how they would bypass the connection to the ignitor.
Looking at the Wiring diagram from the manual the o/g B/BI is the extra horn wires which shows not used. The Single Pink Neutral Switch wire also shows not used. The bike is bone stock , all original. So its exactly like you said but but not in use. Thanks again

Replaced all fluids and going to fire it up this weekend (hopefully)

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So she fired up using an auxiliary fuel tank. Aside from all the mice build up of the shooting out of the exhaust pipe it sounded good. The definitely needs a rebuild. So my question is when I opened up the petcock on the exhilarate tank fully fuel start coming out of the hose with a screwdriver in it. What would cause this and who is attached to.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So she fired up using an auxiliary fuel tank. Aside from all the mice build up shooting out of the exhaust pipe it sounded good. The bike definitely needs a carb rebuild. So my question is when I opened up the petcock on the auxiliary tank fully, fuel started coming out of the hose with the arrow. What would cause this and what is attached to. I know the hoes with the spring go to the petcock along with hose that is attached to the rubber intake boot. But never saw this one when I pulled the tank off.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
that looks like the vacuum pipe and runs from the inlet manifold side of the carbs. If there is fuel coming out of that, you should definitely also should have had fuel coming from the floatbowl over flows. This is a sign that the float valves in the carbs are not doing their job and sealing of fuel when the bowls are full. You will need to replace all the float valves/seats, or try resetting the floats in the first instance to see if that fixes things.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,701 Posts
The filters are Visu-Filter. They're commonly sold on cards of twenty to dealers who sell them individually. Yours looks like the FF701C. The company keeps a low profile since Plastisonics sold out to ITW. Also, they've lost their popularity as injected bikes have become common. They only filter to 75 microns, which is OK for carbs but not for injectors.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that looks like the vacuum pipe and runs from the inlet manifold side of the carbs. If there is fuel coming out of that, you should definitely also should have had fuel coming from the floatbowl over flows. This is a sign that the float valves in the carbs are not doing their job and sealing of fuel when the bowls are full. You will need to replace all the float valves/seats, or try resetting the floats in the first instance to see if that fixes things.

The two hoses with the springs covering them go to the petcock but where do the other two go to.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts