Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a GSXR tomorrow..a few Q\'s.

Hey I've been riding for a while but I've been without a bike for the past 6 months or so. All thats gonna change tomorrow when I pickup my '90 gixxer 750. I just have a few questions that I've been trying to answer for myself by browsing posts, but I'm just not clear on them.

1. I'm assuming that the 750 has decent power. Should it do a 2nd gear wheelie without clutching it? What kind of "wheelie ability" should I expect with it?

2. I've heard from people that wheelies arent good for suzuki engines because of where the oil pickup is placed. Is this true?

3. If I was to get an 1100 engine, am I right assuming that it bolts up directly? Is it the same block, just bored out?

4. Does anyone have something I can download to print out some white faced gauges? And has anyone ever replaced the bulbs inside of the instrument case for a different colored glow at night?

5. The bike I have the most expierience on is a '91 Bandit 400. It was lightweight and made 53hp. I guess i'll find out for myself, but am I right in betting that the GSXR-750 is going to totally blow me away compared to my old bandit?

6. If this is the same block as the Katana 600, I'm a little worried. My friend has a '90 Katana 600. He's blown out 2nd gear in 2 engines by clutching 2nd gear wheelies. Should this be a concern for the 750?

THANKS guys! I can't wait to get my bike tomorrow and start fixing it to ride. It's been down and needs a couple of parts, so its going to be a little while before I get to really ride it. I'm planning on putting race fairings from a '98 or later to update the looks, and a nice paint job.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Re: Getting a GSXR tomorrow..a few Q\'s.

<font color="red">I can help with a few</font>

Hey I've been riding for a while but I've been without a bike for the past 6 months or so. All thats gonna change tomorrow when I pickup my '90 gixxer 750. I just have a few questions that I've been trying to answer for myself by browsing posts, but I'm just not clear on them.

1. I'm assuming that the 750 has decent power. Should it do a 2nd gear wheelie without clutching it? What kind of "wheelie ability" should I expect with it?
<font color="red">Proably have to clutch it</font>

2. I've heard from people that wheelies arent good for suzuki engines because of where the oil pickup is placed. Is this true?
<font color="red"> On long wheelies you may starve the motor </font>

3. If I was to get an 1100 engine, am I right assuming that it bolts up directly? Is it the same block, just bored out?
<font color="red"> Bolt on with a few little hitches, search and you will find </font>

4. Does anyone have something I can download to print out some white faced gauges? And has anyone ever replaced the bulbs inside of the instrument case for a different colored glow at night?
<font color="red">Just use 86-87 750 or 86-88 1100 gauges, there white faced </font>

5. The bike I have the most expierience on is a '91 Bandit 400. It was lightweight and made 53hp. I guess i'll find out for myself, but am I right in betting that the GSXR-750 is going to totally blow me away compared to my old bandit?
<font color="red"> YES </font>

6. If this is the same block as the Katana 600, I'm a little worried. My friend has a '90 Katana 600. He's blown out 2nd gear in 2 engines by clutching 2nd gear wheelies. Should this be a concern for the 750?
<font color="red"> The GSXR has the same problem </font>

THANKS guys! I can't wait to get my bike tomorrow and start fixing it to ride. It's been down and needs a couple of parts, so its going to be a little while before I get to really ride it. I'm planning on putting race fairings from a '98 or later to update the looks, and a nice paint job.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Re: Getting a GSXR tomorrow..a few Q\'s.

The Trans is better in ours than the Kanotuna. The 1100 does have that problem though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts