Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am leaving my brothers house tonight and I pull down my driveway and there is this guy standing behind me. I thought he was just walking down the sidewalk. He walks up to me and asks me if I have a phone he can use. I look behind him and 2 guys are getting out of his jeep and coming toward me. So I told him no and drove up the driveway real quick and open my brothers door and yell for him. By the time I do that the three guys are standing right next to me and one of them is all looking at my bike all close. I thought I was getting jacked but when my brother and his dog came outside right away they all backed off and explained that his bike had just gotten stolen. He told me he needed to check my bike. I just reassured him that it was my bike and he didnt need to worry. Then I told them that I was just about to yell "David get the glock" before they backed off and they left in a hurry. I dont know if his bike was stolen or what but dont you think that is kind of stupid to just try and confront someone yourself? If they were trying to jack me or something they would have had one horrible day when my brother came outside with his .45. I think I need to get myself another glock!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Albuquerque: Must be right in the City "shitty" cities are breeding grounds of Trouble.
You must always be at the ready.
Good thing you were not alone, if your brother was not home who knows what could of happened..........?

·
Banned
117 Posts
Glad to hear it turned out ok. I would understand it if they were honestly looking for his stolen bike but they didnt go about it correctly. There is better ways other than using force to corner someone into letting them check your bike. I would be pissed. They are dumbasses and need to have someone pull something on them or kick their asses for trying shit like that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What? Does your bike stand out? I could tell my Gixxer 1000 from a 100 yards, and I would not need to get right up on it. You also don't need 3 people to check to see if that bike is yours. You were almost on ESPN "YOU GOT JACKED UP"

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GSXRJAP said:
All this because you had a GSXR1000?

Right...

-J-
No all this because I had a Silver/Black GSXR 1000. Yeah I am making this shit up for attention from the online people that I dont know. :wtf

I am at work today John so hit me up later and we can go cruise.

Matt,

I was at my brothers house on San Mateo and Comanche. Not a real bad part of town but not the best either.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GHOST1965 said:
What? Does your bike stand out? I could tell my Gixxer 1000 from a 100 yards, and I would not need to get right up on it. You also don't need 3 people to check to see if that bike is yours. You were almost on ESPN "YOU GOT JACKED UP"

My bike is all stock except the sliders I got from here and where I put my plate.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah it doesn't sound like a too bright of a way to get someone to agree to check their bike. I am glade nothing happen bad on either end.

I live in northern florida and bikes get stolen left and right...so I can understand how a person who's bike got stolen would be on the hunt for it. There is no real good way to approach a person "saying hey my bike got stolen and guess what it looks just like yours?"

Sh*t is crazy...you know.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thecount said:
i think i would make sure my bike is locked up at night .You never know they might try and steal it it or something.
My bike is locked up in doors at night. I have an alarm on my house. Anyone comes into my house uninvited they will be greeted within 15 seconds with a 12 gauge. :cool

·
Registered
354 Posts
yeah i wouldnt trust that kind of story dude....could be real or not, but better take the safe side and keep a better look out on yer bike. Hell...if i was in your situation i would have pulled out first then asked questions. 3 guys approching on yer turf, time to go get ya a piece.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FamCortez1 said:
yeah i wouldnt trust that kind of story dude....could be real or not, but better take the safe side and keep a better look out on yer bike. Hell...if i was in your situation i would have pulled out first then asked questions. 3 guys approching on yer turf, time to go get ya a piece.
I figured that if I started to back up he would make his move so I just pulled forward real quick and opened my brothers door. His dog came out and they all stood up and backed off. his dog is a German Shephard and loves me so he went right to sniffing those guys with that "who the fuck are you?" look on his face. I am not going to park my bike in the front of his house anymore. It seemed as they were sitting there waiting for me to leave. That incident really got the adrenaline going because I didnt know what was going to go down. I am glad that both parties made the right decisions though. My brother wouldnt hesitate to put someone down if there were 3 guys beating on me. Not like it would have hurt cause I had all my gear on but they could might have been able to over power me. I am a big dude though 6'2 230 so that may have helped them back off too cuz when I got off of my bike 2 of them were about half my size.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GSXtasy said:
Dude, wtf are you doing there at 6 in the morning on a Sunday?!
I swapped shifts so I could have Friday off without using up my vacation. Have my yearly dear hunting session in TX this weekend :) Baby on the way so the more vacation I can save the better. I should have like a month off paid in April.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.