Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an after market slip-on exhaust. My main question is, should I get the bolt on one, or the one that removes the set valve as well. Would removing the set valve be a performance increase on an almost stock bike, or would it be taking away power?

Also, does any one have any recommendations? I definatley don't want anything that's carbon fiber!! Either stainless or titainium..

Latly, anyone have a good used slip-on? i.e. had a slip on then later up graded to a full system with low mileage..

·
Registered
323 Posts
GSXR600NUB said:
I'm looking for an after market slip-on exhaust. My main question is, should I get the bolt on one, or the one that removes the set valve as well. Would removing the set valve be a performance increase on an almost stock bike, or would it be taking away power?

Also, does any one have any recommendations? I definatley don't want anything that's carbon fiber!! Either stainless or titainium..

Latly, anyone have a good used slip-on? i.e. had a slip on then later up graded to a full system with low mileage..
ok first of all it would be nice to tell us what bike you have.. for the
06 model. there is no "bolt on".. its all slip on.. i would recommend to get the yoshimura trc.. it comes in stainless steel, carbonfiber or titanium.. its a descent price and it sounds good imo... you can find it on ebay.. i dont kknow why you would get stainless steel but ok.. its your decision.. all the slip ons remove the set valve.. its there just to work the backpresure i guess. and i gives you barely any more torque than if it was removed.. also you should get like a k&n filter too or a bmc race filter.. just to even it out.. so hope that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.