Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed mine this morning and my first impression is that it's a BIG improvement over the stock seat (not that the stocker sucked) - a lot more comfortable. i'm sure that on long rides it will really come into its own compared to the stock seat, but i haven't had a chance to put a lot of time on it yet.

jon (no h) mentioned that it didn't seem to fit flush - and he's right. the gel seat isn't the exact same shape as the stock seat (at least not for these newer gsxr's) - it's a bit wider in front and a bit narrower and shorter out back. out back, it doesn't flare out and 'push up' against the tail section as much as the stock seat did, i think that's what he meant by it not fitting flush. (ask me how i can be sure of the shape difference....i don't clean underneath the stock seat, so when i put the gel seat on, i saw the profile difference between the two seats as a filled in shadow of dirt
)

in fact, when i first installed it, i had to double check the back part of the seat because at first glance it looked as if i hadn't hooked the two plastic tabs on the seat into the subframe properly....it kinda looked like the rear part of the seat was about to pop off....but it was secure.

the fabric on the gel seat also seems grippier than that of the stocker.

two thumbs up - this was the best $100 i've ever spent on the bike.

i got mine from http://www.ronayers.com

[ 10-20-2001: Message edited by: jeff ]</p>

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jeff:
(ask me how i can be sure of the shape difference....i don't clean underneath the stock seat, so when i put the gel seat on, i saw the profile difference between the two seats as a filled in shadow of dirt
)

<hr></blockquote>

LOL I noticed that when I first started workin on the bike. Take off the seat and there is the perfect shape of it in dirt.

Great report Jeff
Let's see some picts! We havent seen your bike in a while

jontflesh

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Personally, I'll be disappointed if Jeff doesn't look like his MicrosoftBorg Avatar

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Those Gel Seats do rock...and I don't believe Jeff is a real person.."Jeff" is just a code name of some secret government super-computer hidden deep inside some secluded mountain.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Punisher:
Those Gel Seats do rock...and I don't believe Jeff is a real person.."Jeff" is just a code name of some secret government super-computer hidden deep inside some secluded mountain.<hr></blockquote>

no comment.

if i told you, i'd have to kill you.....

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Alright jeff! Yeah, that's what I meant by not sitting quite flush. Mine fits just like yours. As it get's "broken in" it seats a little better, but it is a minor thing. I especially felt the difference when taking longer rides. BIG improvement. I agree - gel seats rock!!!

[ 10-20-2001: Message edited by: Jon - no 'h' ]</p>

·
Registered
14,162 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jeff:

i've mentioned it several times in the past.....use the search function!!!
<hr></blockquote>

lol...dont you think I wont

Damn! no hits
in any forum.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey Jeff man,

Do you have a part number from ron ayers? Im trying to check their price, but the seat is not listed on the site. The local dealer wants $144.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Oh yeah, the gel seat rocks, baby! jeff, it'll take a bit of time before it conforms to the shape of your heinie and start to become even more comfortable. Mine has softened up a bit since I installed it a month ago.

I love it so much, I had to add it to my list of mods.

Damn, you're close to 8K posts!

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pervert,

the part number for the gel seat is 99950-62173....i would have posted it earlier but i was at work and didn't have the invoice with me.

it will work with all of the current generation gsxr's, although i believe for the 1000 (if you have one) you may have to trim a bit of the big foam cushion at the bottom of the seat tray to get the seat to fit correctly.

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hunter:
how about pictures of you on your bike then...

<hr></blockquote>

I agree. Jeff needs to be unvieled from his secretive hide-away lifestyle hehe.

jontflesh

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I agree with Jon. Jeff won't even tell us what he does for a living. I am tell you guys he is a database!!!!!
stef

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by stillie750:
I agree with Jon. Jeff won't even tell us what he does for a living. <hr></blockquote>

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts

<hr></blockquote>

1 - 20 of 35 Posts