Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what is stock front and rear sprockets?
do u guys gear these big bikes. I was just thinking about going down one in the front. Do these come with 530 chain stcok?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Stock is 17/42 for K1 , K2 , K3, K4 as far as I've seen.

K1 and K2 were 530 setups , herd rumours of K3's with 525 but never seen them and K4 seems to be 525.

Why ?

·
Premium Member
41,722 Posts
I like the stock gearing on my K3, however you guys think if I went up one in the back it would be better? I mean its a wheelie monster now, I just want little more but nothing crazy. Any of you guys done that?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Check out what it will do to your speeds:
My spreadsheet

I guess I should add the torque output in each gear to the sheet. That might be fun.

btw, I went +2 and like the gearing much more now. It feels properly geared for the street. I didn't notice it being any more wheelie prone really. I just adjust my wrist a little. gl

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
gees dropping one up front. that maybe be to much, but if I've seen friends ride fine with +2 rear, so a -1 should be much. I guess i just haven't ridden a 1k enough, but after stunting out a 6 gearing a 1k sounds nuts.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Viper,
If I add 2 teeth to the rear sprocket how much is this likely to knock my speedo out?
I imagine it will be over-optomistic to begin with so am I likely to be out by much?
Cheers
Bill

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for replying gimpsta, I take it that 10-12% reffers to the gear change, have you any idea what the original speedo is out?

Cheers,
Bill

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
crash gordon said:
Viper,
If I add 2 teeth to the rear sprocket how much is this likely to knock my speedo out?
I imagine it will be over-optomistic to begin with so am I likely to be out by much?
Cheers
Bill
I posted the link to d/l my spreadsheet for a reason. After I went +2 I needed a correction factor of -12.479 to get my speedo/odometer back on target. Its pretty damn close now.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I went to a 520 conversion with 1 down in front and my speedo error is 13% on my k3 stock was 9% error if I remember right.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when u guys gear u all put on the yellow box right? i have bought it but if anybody is interested i will sell.
i thinki will go two up in the rear and thats it, seems to be the norm

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a ? my buddy has a GSXR 1000 custom built and set up for quarter mile racing thats the way he bought it and he doesn't race and was wondering he wants more top end and says it tops out at 186mph but feels sluggish so what tooth sprockets should he go with?? Oh If it makes any difference it has a stretched swing arm. Thanks in advance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts