Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I made a visit to my local suzuki dealership today for them to take a look at why my gixxer is whining from 3rd gear onwards, the technician test drove it and said there was a whine from the gearbox but werent too bad and safe enough to ride but just to keep an eye on it. He did recommend to change the oil to a 20w50 grade oil for the remaining of the summer months to quieten it and protect it a bit more. Iv taken a read on this and its not good to use in the winter but was wondering if it is safe enough to use all year round.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iv had a number of dealerships ride it now and they said it seems normal and not to worry about it unless it gets louder. Iv ruled out the chain being tight putting stress on the outshaft bearing as one mechanic from suzuki said it was a touch loose but good thought. I tried a thicker 20w50 oil in to see if that made a difference but none at all so il leave that in til summers gone and put it back to 10w40. So im also gonna say it must be down to the gearbox making noises like most modern gearboxes do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts