·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, can anyone post a site that gives gears 1-6 redline speeds? IOW's:

1st xMPH
2nd xMPH
3rd xMPH

I've seen them before, but I had no luck finding one for a 2003 Gixxer 1000. Please help - thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, but does anyone have the numbers? Deal is, I'm an old school gixxer guy, owned 4 86-93's, 750's and 1100's, then my buddy bought an 03 1000 and we had a debate about 1st gear redline speed. Anyway, I took it out and checked 1st gear redline speed, so w/o putting any bias into the numbers, what will an 03 Gixxer 1000 do in 1st gear @ redline? Personal testimonials are cool, and please post, but a site with references would be great too.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
919 Posts
i can help u guys out - just took the k5 for a hi-speed spin yesterday - dont have any info on 5th and 6th (cause i never looked down at the top of 5th, and havent hit the top of 6th)

1st is right about 100 (98 - 99)
2nd is somewhere about 130 (128-132)
3rd is almost exactly 150
4th is 168 i wanna say? only tached 4th out once

i wouldnt change the gearing at all - but i'll let u know when i add another 10 hp or so

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So that's for the 2005, but the 2003 is some 15 HP less, which means the gearing is probably shorter, whether inside the tranny or at the tcrank/wheel or all 3, so that probably wouldn't be an exact comparison to the 2003.

Thanks for the response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.