Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago I saw something mentioned about a gear indicator for pre 05' 1k's that was triggered by the bikes gear sensor or something (not Acumen's calculation method indicator).

Any more info on this??

mb.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
A while ago I saw something mentioned about a gear indicator for pre 05' 1k's that was triggered by the bikes gear sensor or something (not Acumen's calculation method indicator).

Any more info on this??

mb.
If I remember correctly Jeff Wallace mentioned that the GPS was used to help determine gear position for the indicator. He also asked whether or not riders interested in the TRE would want the indicator to function. I'm sure there will be some work done to try and figure out a way to bypass this, perhaps as easy as installing two Gear Position Sensors one for each device. I personally don't want to mess with the TRE, I'm all for the gear indicator.

·
Squid
3,564 Posts
I'd be all for the gear indicator if it wasn't retardedly overpriced. Its basic circuitry. Really, really basic.

Simpler than five dollar tyco video games.

·
Registered
12,388 Posts
I'd be all for the gear indicator if it wasn't retardedly overpriced. Its basic circuitry. Really, really basic.

Simpler than five dollar tyco video games.

So why don't you make them and sell them for $10 doubling your money?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts