Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GDC Fantasy Football League :punk

Alright fellas, since it's been brought up a few times now to me, I figured we'll start a thread about it. I've renewed the league already and we had 10 players from last year, so we can definitely open it up to 12 or 14 players. Possibly 16, although that makes for a really tough season for everyone due to slim pickings but I will do it if there is enough interest. I'll give some precedence to the returning players to resign up. Not even sure if everyone will return, so there's definitely some sign up room for new teams.

Please respond if you're interested in joining the league and if you'd be willing to throw in some money for the league.

Money?
Would you guys be up for including a bit of money? Say 10, 20 bucks and winner takes all? Nothing too major...just some more incentive to play. We can have one of the mods/admins hold the money. Possibly Jer as he frequents this forum quite a bit. EVERYONE in the league would have to agree to this. OR we could also create a separate money league. Although I'd like to avoid that as I dont think I can handle being in 5 leagues :lol Let me know your thoughts on this.

Rules
As with last year's inaugural season. Everything will be by majority vote for vetos, rule changes or any other discrepancies. If in the end the votes are somehow tied...I will make the final decision. Please note the scoring system outlined below. There is not PPR, no bonuses, and missed FG's = negative points. If you have any questions about anything regarding this point system...bring it up now and we'll all discuss it.

Thanks,

Soysauce021 aka '08 Champion, soon to be '09 Champion :flipoff

Team
QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, Flex - WR/RB, K, DEF, 6 bench players

Offense
Passing Yards 25 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 4
Interceptions -1
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Reception Yards 10 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

Kickers
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -3
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -3
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -2
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards -1
Point After Attempt Made 1
Point After Attempt Missed -1

Defense/Special Teams
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2
Points Allowed 0 points 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -4

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yahoo! and live draft, random order of course ;) :thumbup We can figure out a draft date later on.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Yes.. send the money my way... muhahahah!

j/k

That would be fine as long as I'm not stuck eating Paypal fees on all the 'payments' when I hold them. I may or may not participate as I attempted to last year and it didn't really catch on for me even though I watch every game that's on and life NFL. I may change my mind but wouldn't mind holding the money for you guys.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Hey Soy, you got a full league? Not sure i want to play yet as i am still in 4 leagues but with the bump just checking to see how things are going. Shoot me a PM if anything....

James

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
I am in for $10-20.

On one condition.

You gotta give something to 2nd place too.

Like 75% to 1st, 25% to 2nd.

(that way we can split the money this year soysauce :D )

·
Stabby Steve Longshanks
11,520 Posts
We need an update, what's the status of this league because I want to win...I mean play....

commish???

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
james, first come first served. :cheers There really were only 4/5 still playing by the end of the season. so sign up :cheers

·
Faps to Fantasy Football, and fails at that even
10,194 Posts
I'm in John, ready for my 17th championship in a row....starting with my first win this year:lol Up for grabs is the title to a 2006 GSXR 1000!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts