Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 231 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: GCally – 2017 GSXR 1000 Track Build

Ohlins TTX

Nottice how I had them swap out the lower mount. My eye to eye is currently set at 320. You can not get to that number with the way Ohlins ships outs the shock.

313 Stock Eye to Eye
310 - 316 Ohlins Shock with orgional short lower mount
319 - 325 Ohlins Shock with long lower mount

Attachments

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

the r6 tube was to tight the r1 fits but you have to grind the cable screw down a hair
getting 3 of these (2017 gsxrs) ready for the up coming race season
jason
What tuning software are you using on the three GSXR's?

I am still up in the air on what to use. Flash Tune, Woolich, or wait for EM Pro.

I have the Flash Tune kit sitting here but did not mate the ECU yet. From talking to them yesterday they are still undecided if they are going to give the general public the ability to adjust traction control maps. From what they said the traction maps are very complex and hard to adjust. MotoAmerica Teams were adjusting traction maps last year and testing for Flash Tune. They also are undecided if they are going to develop the auto tune for the GSXR. How well does the auto tune work on the R1?

·
Premium Member
1,435 Posts

What tuning software are you using on the three GSXR's?

I am still up in the air on what to use. Flash Tune, Woolich, or wait for EM Pro.

I have the Flash Tune kit sitting here but did not mate the ECU yet. From talking to them yesterday they are still undecided if they are going to give the general public the ability to adjust traction control maps. From what they said the traction maps are very complex and hard to adjust. MotoAmerica Teams were adjusting traction maps last year and testing for Flash Tune. They also are undecided if they are going to develop the auto tune for the GSXR. How well does the auto tune work on the R1?
best to give me a call or pm dont want to post some info on the public forum. i am working with a few different people have settled on using the FT stuff for this bike. the key is getting the decel maps working properly

jason

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)

best to give me a call or pm dont want to post some info on the public forum. i am working with a few different people have settled on using the FT stuff for this bike. the key is getting the decel maps working properly
jason
I did not even realize you are near Harrisburg PA. I am in Beaver Falls PA only 10 min from Pitt Race. Google maps says I can get to your place in under 4 hours.

I will be giving you a call next week.
I need a really good dyno tuner that is somewhat local to me.
I also need you to break the bike in. It still has 3 miles on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts

i ended up lopping off the passenger seat metal bracket when i installed my carbonin stuff. makes pulling the tall off/on so much easier. stuff fits great otherwise.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

i ended up lopping off the passenger seat metal bracket when i installed my carbonin stuff. makes pulling the tall off/on so much easier. stuff fits great otherwise.
Good call...
The middle dzus does come close to passenger seat bracket when taking the tail off and on.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts

The guys at Yosh texted me some pics of their superbike to show how they had to run the cables. I had to do the same thing but left the clutch cable in the stock location.
Any reason to run the cables different other than to clear the fairing?Yoshimura throttle instructions the route is as it comes original, perhaps since the fairings are oem?

Thanks

:cheers

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

Any reason to run the cables different other than to clear the fairing?Yoshimura throttle instructions the route is as it comes original, perhaps since the fairings are oem?

Thanks

:cheers

With clip-ons there was no way it was going to clear with cables run directly down. I had to split cables between front brake master cylinder. Once you do that cables are to short to run through the frame.
My steering is also shortened with attack clamps so I don't see how it would work any other way.

Maybe with OEM bars it will clear fairings.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts

With clip-ons there was no way it was going to clear with cables run directly down. I had to split cables between front brake master cylinder. Once you do that cables are to short to run through the frame.
My steering is also shortened with attack clamps so I don't see how it would work any other way.

Maybe with OEM bars it will clear fairings.
Thanks mate!!!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

SE Composites tank cover and carbon front cover.
Carbon weave is a little bit different between the 2 but it looks ok. Plan next year is to try and find a Yosh tank.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

SBS Dual Sinter pads came in.

I got them from Geoff May. His sponsors were offering up some parts to help support his Daytona 200 effort this year. I figured why not support a fellow racer.
He said the SBS DS pads are the best pad's he has ever used and very popular in the World Superbike paddock.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
85 Posts

SBS Dual Sinter pads came in.

I got them from Geoff May. His sponsors were offering up some parts to help support his Daytona 200 effort this year. I figured why not support a fellow racer.
He said the SBS DS pads are the best pad's he has ever used and very popular in the World Superbike paddock.
More than half of WSBK bikes are using SBS brake pads, there is also some of the riders that use SBS DC in WSBk. Great brakes, I have been using them for last 7-8 years on track bikes and nothing than best to say about SBS.

41 - 60 of 231 Posts