Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Re: GCally – 2017 GSXR 1000 Track Build

I'm in love!

Beautiful parts, definitely going to keep watching this.

Any particular reason you went with the 25mm over the nix?

Keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
189 Posts

Awesome build Greg! Can't wait to see the finished product! Actually, what I'm really looking forward to is getting out on the track with you and turning some laps!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Awesome build Greg! Can't wait to see the finished product! Actually, what I'm really looking forward to is getting out on the track with you and turning some laps!
Thanks!!!

We are going to have a big learning curve going from 130hp to 200hp.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

I'm in love!
Beautiful parts, definitely going to keep watching this.
Any particular reason you went with the 25mm over the nix?
Keep up the good work!

My original plan was to sell the R OEM suspension and get Ohlins R/T forks (only reason why I bought the R) but the R/T forks ended up not being available until April.

I ended up getting a really good black Friday deal on the FKR kit from Superbike Unlimited. $1660 and that came with 3 sets of springs. I am excited to try out the 25mm gas kit and see how it compares to NIX 30. From what people are saying the FKR kit are as close you can get to Superbike forks without having to spend 12K.

I also asked them about the R vs standard forks and they said the R forks have a much higher build quality than the standard forks. I guess that is why the retail for 2,800 more than the standard forks. Also the R forks are longer which gives more ability to try different ride height options.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Also if anyone is interested in getting a BrakeTech rear rotor for the 2017 GSXR 1000 they will have them available shortly. I sent them my OEM rotor this week so they can get the rear rotor developed. I guess they changed the overall size of the L7 1000 rear rotor.

On my 750 I was using machined rear rotors and they did not work at all. I guess it was because they did not have any surface area. This year I want to try and incorporate the use of rear brake into my riding style. I have always been a 100% front brake and no rear brake guy.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts

One question, does the Yosh kit throttle is specifically for this bike and it was difficult to get sorted and installed?

·
Registered
51 Posts

Let me get my popcorn ready because this is going to be excellent!!!:frantic Thanks for choosing this forum to share your built!!!0:)

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)

One question, does the Yosh kit throttle is specifically for this bike and it was difficult to get sorted and installed?

Install was very easy. It actually used OEM throttle cables.

Go to the Yosh Japan site and find the part number for the kit throttle that fits your bike. I believe they made them for multiple year GSXR's.
Race Kit Parts | YOSHIMURA JAPAN

After you do that punch the part number in web bike japan.
https://japan.webike.net/products/23432624.html

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts

Thanks
Install was very easy. It actually used OEM throttle cables.

Go to the Yosh Japan site and find the part number for the kit throttle that fits your bike. I believe they made them for multiple year GSXR's.
Race Kit Parts | YOSHIMURA JAPAN

After you do that punch the part number in web bike japan.
https://japan.webike.net/products/23432624.html
How big of a difference was the throttle and was hand creep completely eliminated?

Considering this vs the R6 throttle mod

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

The guys at Yosh texted me some pics of their superbike to show how they had to run the cables. I had to do the same thing but left the clutch cable in the stock location.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 231 Posts