Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

201 - 220 of 231 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
I picked up a new toy from a friend that decided to get out of tuning bikes.
Nothing like having your own Dyno to play with. Now all I need to do is con Jason into showing me how to use it.
Plan is to map each cylinder separate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Re: GCally – 2017 GSXR 1000 Track Build

2 sets of OZ PIEGA R Wheels

These are OZ's forged aluminum race line.
Front rotor carrier is forged into the wheel and not bolt on. Also inside of rim has some kind of grip thing going on. (Not going to be fun changing Dunlop race tires on these wheels.)
(Stock wheels need to get sold to pay for these bad boys!)
Hey man, since a few of you all have these oz wheels, how have the held up to tire changes??? Is the paint durable or do they really scratch like the OEM rims. Lastly, are the a noticeable difference with handling and what other benefits have you felt.

Thanks

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
I picked up a new toy from a friend that decided to get out of tuning bikes.
Nothing like having your own Dyno to play with. Now all I need to do is con Jason into showing me how to use it.
Plan is to map each cylinder separate.
You should get the updated software/hardware package from Dynojet. Not sure if works with this one, but that thing just brilliant. You can tune all the cylinders at one time. . You don't have to race the engine till You need to rebuild to get all the cylinders tuned one by one..
Its done in 45 minutes or less. We do our race bikes like this, and I love it.

:banana

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everybody, i don't plan to spoil the post, but shall we talk a bit about geometry for racing use?
What do you guys prefer and why?

I hear a lot of people raising the front a lot... what do you prefer?

cheers

PS. Gcally super congrats for the amazing bike...

·
Registered
15 Posts
All of us raising the front end taking full advantage of the R forks. Where it gets tricky is the rear so many options work with some side affects info is needed from all of us that race to have better set ups but time will tell cheers

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
@gcally, did you have your FKR Ohlins inserts lengthened to 130 mm (+10 mm)???
I do not but from talking to a couple guys that do suspension for the MotoAmerica teams they say extending length extra 10mm to 130mm travel helps.
My guess is that it lets the forks flex a little bit more and helps with front end feel.

Back in the day when the R6 went from regular forks to upside down forks all of the fast guys were struggling with the newer more rigid forks. They lost front end feel because the forks were to rigid. The regular forks would flex so much that the front tire would hit the lower fairing.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Hi everybody, i don't plan to spoil the post, but shall we talk a bit about geometry for racing use?
What do you guys prefer and why?
I hear a lot of people raising the front a lot... what do you prefer?
cheers
PS. Gcally super congrats for the amazing bike...
I think what people are seeing is the bike works rather well setup a couple different ways but you really can not get that extra second or two in lap times unless you get the bike setup for your riding style.

201 - 220 of 231 Posts