Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GCally – 2017 GSXR 1000 Track Build

There is not that much information available for the new GSXR 1000 yet so I figured I would share what I have learned over the last couple months building the bike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Re: GCally – 2017 GSXR 1000 Track Build

Y'all must be top-level riders building 1k's for the track.....:thumbup

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Y'all must be top-level riders building 1k's for the track.....:thumbup

Why do you have to be "top-level riders" to ride a newer 1k?

I have rode everything on the track from bone stock EX-500 to a 2005 Yosh GSXR 1000 with 195 rwhp and no electronic aid. Each bike requires a different riding style and is fun in its own way. Now I just do track days and have fun. Can I go just as fast on a 600 or 750 yes but I enjoy building bikes and riding what I want to ride.

This is a video of myself on a 750 going around a lot of people on liter bikes.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts

I'm still scratching my melon with the opening statement of "there's not that much info" there are plenty of people on this site..in this forum that have plenty of info and done plenty to this bike....heck straight line Brocks has given us quite the insight on this new L7 !! good luck with your new build !!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

I'm still scratching my melon with the opening statement of "there's not that much info" there are plenty of people on this site..in this forum that have plenty of info and done plenty to this bike....heck straight line Brooks has given us quite the insight on this new L7 !! good luck with your new build !!
No, there is not that much data out there on this bike compared to R1, ZX10, and S1000. There is much more to setup than bolting on a couple parts.

Yes, Brock has done a good job with getting awesome power out of the bike but there is so much more to having a well sorted track bike than HP numbers.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts

*Brock

·
Premium Member
132 Posts

No, there is not that much data out there on this bike compared to R1, ZX10, and S1000. There is much more to setup than bolting on a couple parts.

Yes, Brock has done a good job with getting awesome power out of the bike but there is so much more to having a well sorted track bike than HP numbers.
well the average "street fighter" will never ride the bike to it's full capability and so far so good on the race series around the world using the "new" bike and I'm sure they have more info on set up then us street mortals do>:)

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts

Glad I could help

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

well the average "street fighter" will never ride the bike to it's full capability and so far so good on the race series around the world using the "new" bike and I'm sure they have more info on set up then us street mortals do>:)
Exactly...
I don't have Josh Waters crew chief's cell number to give him a call and talk setup.

You guys are harsh. I though the whole idea of this forum was to share information about the sport we love and not to nitpick every single thing. I am trying to share my experience with building a 2017 GSXR 1000 track bike that might help the next guy build his bike.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts

Exactly...
I don't have Josh Waters crew chief's cell number to give him a call and talk setup.

You guys are harsh. I though the whole idea of this forum was to share information about the sport we love and not to nitpick every single thing. I am trying to share my experience with building a 2017 GSXR 1000 track bike that might help the next guy build his bike.
check out jimk7 very informative post on his project L7....not so sure we can top that build...but any info is good info !! good luck with yours and we'll be looking forward to what you do

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

- Galespeed Cable Clutch
- GaleSpeed Billet Master Cylinder
- Attack Triple Clamps
- Attack Clipon's
- Attack Rear Sets
- Attack Lever Guard
- Yosh Case Savers
- Yosh Oil Plugs
- Yosh Full Stainless Exhaust
- Yosh Kit Throttle
- Woodcraft Superbike Lifters
- Cox Radiator Guard (Using stock oil cooler guard. I did not like the way the cox mounted)
- Ohlins Damper
- Ohlins FKR 25mm Gas Fork Kit
- Ohlins Fork Extenders
- Bike Sport Developments Switches
- Custom Spiegler Brake Lines

Attachments

1 - 20 of 231 Posts