Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first, i know this has been posted before. by me, i know. but i didn't find what i wanted to find out, so before everyone starts tellin me to search... i am hoping someone has new knowlege for me on this...

Does anyone know if the new generation gixxer gauge clusters can be used on my 99 750 (upon modifying the wiring harness of course)?

i have the wiring diagram for it all, i am just wondering if it will work when put together??

ANY ideas, thoughts, facts, whatever would be appreciated!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Tyler

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Originally posted by BlackFonz:
I dont have a bike so no I havent dont it but it has been done.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i "havent dont it either"......

instead, i put a new bike under the new cluster....that works.........

sms

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah typical sms reply!!!!!!!

hey btw scott, you know my paypal address, i appreciate you helping me out so much with getting a new bike under those gauges.....
haha

i'm trying to do what i can while still managing to pay my tuition and books! starving student here!!!

keep the info comin tho guys...

Tyler

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Originally posted by Fireredgixxer750:
yeah typical sms reply!!!!!!!

hey btw scott, you know my paypal address, i appreciate you helping me out so much with getting a new bike under those gauges.....
haha

i'm trying to do what i can while still managing to pay my tuition and books! starving student here!!!

keep the info comin tho guys...

Tyler
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">seriously tho, it has been done, and with mixed (IMO) success...... it seems several warning/indicator lights remain on once the transformation is made..... try a search here, and im sure you'll find the thread....its probably close to four pages by now......

maybe a FI bike would take to the cluster better???

i dunno....

sms

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sms - my bike is FI! 99 750!

i think i will try and make it work. besides i'll just sell the gauges on ebay if i can't maker work.... i'm determined... cuz hey, winter is long up here in canada. haha

need something to do other than my sprockets!!!!

Tyler

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
sms - my bike is FI! 99 750!

i think i will try and make it work. besides i'll just sell the gauges on ebay if i can't maker work.... i'm determined... cuz hey, winter is long up here in canada. haha

need something to do other than my sprockets!!!!

Tyler
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i have the wire (pin output) schematic for the 100 cluster, if you need it!! id be happy to scan and post it for ya!!

also, in regards to the fan blade meltdown....

click here!!melty-melty

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sms, please do all that wiring diagram shizzat for me! greatly appreciated! cuz i've got a line on a set of 1000 gauges.....

yeah crappy thing about muzzy's is for that fan replacement is they dont ship to canada
so might be needing some assistance with getting that fan here come spring, maybe help me out?
worry bout it laaaater.

i'm at work on that fan switch for ya....

Tyler

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
i have seen that its been done but i'm sure a common problem was to do with the oil warning light
i'm not sure but does the later bike have a different sensor or sender

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am pretty sure that the oil light can be solved with a simple resistor... anyone have any results?

i know that freebie was looking into it... i wonder if he had any results?

hmm i'll check it out.

Tyler

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
send a private message to gixxerjimmy ... i think he was able to do it... it had some glitches, but he did get it work...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks migz. i'm on that... i'll keep you guys posted with how things turn out in the end!

Tyler

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
thanks migz. i'm on that... i'll keep you guys posted with how things turn out in the end!

Tyler
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">no sweat T...ill gladly hook you a muzzy blade....

esemes'

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you're such a sweetie sms

haha
i'll let u know when i have the cash for that and we can get this weight moving haha

anyway off to school for me

peace bros

1 - 16 of 16 Posts