Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went down over the summer with my 07 750, i am just now geting it back together, i had to replace the head light and gauge, but i am having a problem with the gauge not working, the bright beam light comes on, but nothing else comes on, the tach needle will cycle through once but thats it!, i have a whole new harness for the head light and gauge on the bike so i know thats not the problem. eny ideas!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
does any one know what could be wrong ??????

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i checked the fuses that was part of the problem! when i put in a new fuse it will just pop when i turn the bike on, do i need to have all of the blinkers and rear lights hooked up to not blow fuses. as of right now i have only the headlight and gauge on the bike due to no plastics any one have an ideas.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any one know

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
i checked the fuses that was part of the problem! when i put in a new fuse it will just pop when i turn the bike on, do i need to have all of the blinkers and rear lights hooked up to not blow fuses. as of right now i have only the headlight and gauge on the bike due to no plastics any one have an ideas.
You have a short in a wire someplace. Power is shorted straight to ground or the fuse would not be popping as soon as you turn the key on.

To answer your question, as far as all your turn signals needing to be hooked up, no. In fact to trouble shoot an electrical short, one of the first things you do is to remove them to see if that is where the short is. You might try disconnecting the light and guages and see if it still pops the fuse. At least it will tell you that it's not a problem within those parts.

You said that it was a new loom, did you maybe get a connector hooked up wrong, or pinch the cable somewhere during installation? Since the bike has been down, the impact could have got something to move and pinched the cable at impact. Did the high beam switch at the handle bars take a hit? Maybe look there. :dunno

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Make absolutely sure your battery isn't dead or bad! I had a dead battery and lights would all come on but no info showed up on the tach/ speedo. Charged battery and everything wroked fine. Plus it's the easiest place to start

Edit: sorry didn't read the fuse popping. The guy above me is right

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i fixed the problem. it ended up being bad wiering in my rear license plate light i remembered that i noticed that when i took my rear plastics off, the guy that put the under tail on only wraped the wires in electrical tape lol. all good now thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts