Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow riders

I'm trying to figure out what's the problem here.

When I start my bike, the gauge cluster didn't not light up and run how it usually suppose to be before I crank the engine.

After cranking the engine, the gauge is still blank. However, after moving off for awhile, the gauge came back alive, and all numbers runs as how its suppose to be. Another thing is that, before I even move off, if I were to press and hold on the the starter button (the button that we crank and start our bike), the cluster lit up and started working, but once I stop holding on the the button, the cluster went blank once again.

Could it be the battery that is possibly due for a change as it is weak? Or there is some exposed wire connections as it just happened after a passing by rain shower when I was about to take the bike out for a ride?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Can't be 100% certain,but usually when certain electrical things (such as the gauge cluster,random engine warning lights blinking upon pressing the start button,etc),start to act funky typically the battery is weak and needs to be replaced.
Test the battery voltage under load while cranking,then while sitting still

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,701 Posts
Check the front turn signals when the cluster won't come on. If they're also bad, you probably have a ground problem; probably at the six pole connector to the front harness. You could also try disconnecting and reconnecting the cluster connector. Look for moisture and/or corrosion while you're there. Check if the brake light works OK when the cluster is out.

OG's right about the battery must be good. But it sounds like you don't have a problem cranking. Is that right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts