Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heyy ladies. is there really still a prejudice against women in the biking world? i mean damn, we have a black president, lets keep it movin lol.
ok well hi, newbie here. 2007 gsxr 600 red white black scheme. my boyfriend and i own it, hes been driving it because im iffy on shifting still. im gonna take the course cuz boys are stupid [:flipoff] and i dont want anybody to teach me something wrong lol.
ive driven a shift car, and i have shifted a ninja a year or 2 back.. but once i practice getting it out of first ill be fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i never took a class or even rode a 4 wheeler or dirt bike. got my first bike 10 months ago. 01 katana 600. dad took off out the driveway really quick so i figured it out pretty quick. the best way i learned though was the drag strip. 1 week after i got the bike and atarted riding i hit the strip. its easier to learn what the bike can do and cant do in a stright stretch. i sold the bike 5 months ago and now have a 2005 gsxr 600 20th anniversary edition. with plenty of mods. very fast and very light. SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME the first time i twisted the throttle hard!!!! any way welcome aboard and have fun with it. tell dude to get his own bike!!!!!!

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
i never took a class or even rode a 4 wheeler or dirt bike. got my first bike 10 months ago. 01 katana 600. dad took off out the driveway really quick so i figured it out pretty quick. the best way i learned though was the drag strip. 1 week after i got the bike and atarted riding i hit the strip. its easier to learn what the bike can do and cant do in a stright stretch. i sold the bike 5 months ago and now have a 2005 gsxr 600 20th anniversary edition. with plenty of mods. very fast and very light. SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME the first time i twisted the throttle hard!!!! any way welcome aboard and have fun with it. tell dude to get his own bike!!!!!!
Rrrright... Never mind turning...

Fun thing, a large percentage of crashes among new riders happen when they go faster than their comfort level allows into a turn, think they can't make the turn and run off - while they would have easily been able to make the turn had they not panicked...

IMHO a new rider getting used to straight line speed without practicing turns (as on a drag strip) is quite counterproductive to learning to ride...

·
Registered
240 Posts
umm.... uhhhh..... a;lkfjasfkdlshfdas;lfh (asplode!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts