Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm repainting the gas tank on my 2000 GSX-R600 and I'm wondering where to get the "SUZUKI" decals from? There are a lot of decal shops on EBAY but I'm wondering if any of you have used them or have any recommendations. I'll be masking the rest of the stickers, since they're cleared over.
Trying to find the candy blue has become a real project. Seems Suzuki uses a 3 stage paint process. I actually found a Ford color that is very very close. I'll let you guys know how it sprays out.
But I still need the decals. The originals are starting to peel.
thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres a pic of the bike.
This isnt MY bike, but its identical.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've used <font color="yellow"> TapeWorks </font> on a few occasions, and found them to be excellent. You can browse the online catalog, but have to call them to order. They will set you up with anything you want. I used them recently when I removed all the red and replaced all the weak factory logos on my 750Y. They have a large database of factory logos, sets designed to cover up factory vinyls, and custom choices limited only by how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I bought chrome decals from ebay the whole 2003 set for a 750. they where shipped from Hong Kong. and after I painted the fairings and stuck the set.....man what a difference they look fabulous on the bike yes if you can get them from a ebay seller do it they are vinyl 5 year decals and i love them

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah there are chrome decals on the side fairings and silver on the tank. I would think the chrome ones on the tank would look pretty cool.
Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Actually I've got 1 'GSXR' lower fairing overlay, one 2.5" high GSXR, and two 4" high Suzuki 'S' vinyl decals in chrome that an eBay seller sent me for screwing up a prior order. If you want em they're yours.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome! Too bad they're not the ones I need. Besides, the tank project is on hold for the time being. My boss at work and I had a little "disagreement" about doing side work. Hes not letting me do any side projects at work anymore, at least for now. I make him about $6k a week in labor alone so I'm sure he'll change his mind.

The ones I would need are the side tank decals, which are about 1.75 by 8" .

Thanks very much for the offer.

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
Actually I've got 1 'GSXR' lower fairing overlay, one 2.5" high GSXR, and two 4" high Suzuki 'S' vinyl decals in chrome that an eBay seller sent me for screwing up a prior order. If you want em they're yours.
How much you want for them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts