Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, pretty simple question. How the hell do I get get this thing off? Thanks! I'm trying to get a pic up but it's being difficult, bear with me guys. It's the round metal breather hose cap, I guess thats called its called.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
yeah, i once tried to remove the breather cap, but couldn't, so i gave up. it appears that a tool similar to a spring preload adjuster is necessary, though.

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
the breather (vent) screws out, its made of magnesium alloy and can shear off when being removed, the broken piece comes out easy with an easy out.
new ones are still available from Suzuki.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Correct answer: Buy an adjustable pin spanner wrench.

What works answer: Or, just carefully wrap it with something and take it off with pliers, like I usually do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol I like how you worded that answer. I might have to try the pin spanner wrench. I just cant seem to muscle that thing off with pliers, and I'm pretty strong lol. Thanks.

·
Factor
643 Posts
I have removed the small 86 breather by squirting antiseize under it, leave a couple days to penetrate and place the uncoated ends of a couple welding rods in the notches and turn with a visegrip. Came off with no notch damage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts