Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2006 GSXR750 with 19,000km on it. I test drove the bike briefly and the bike seemed fine but unfortunately I didn’t get the opportunity to “open it up” as it wasn’t insured. After taking it home and riding it I noticed that once I hit 10,000 RPMs and up I start losing power significantly. To the point where it will totally loose power but try and pull through the Revs. Spoke to a local shop and he mentioned that it could have been a fuel pump issue. So I ordered a new fuel pump off eBay that was a simple plug and play part (just the pump) and replaced it in the fuel pump housing. After putting it all back together I noticed my fuel light is now permanently on. I took it back apart re-checked all the connections and even tried to play around with the float connected to the bike but out of the tank and the light still wouldn’t go off. After several attempts I just said F it And put it back together to test if I fixed the power issue which it DID NOT. So now I have two issues one being that the fuel light is flashing at me. I tested the ohms on the sending unit and they were 55-183... which I believe is with in spec if I’m not mistaken? And second being the power issue that blips out and goes through. What would cause this power issue at 10,000rpm? It does it when wide open coming through the revs but feels like there is lots of power other wise. This is driving me nuts! So far I’ve replaced the fuel pump and plugs but I’m having the exact same issue regardless... Any insight to either problem would be appreciated.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,147 Posts
Try searching the forum for keywords such as bogging, fuel, pump, filter and such. In short you should do a volume test, change the high pressure filter if it's below spec and probably reinstall the OEM pump as it's likely of much higher quality than the replacement part. As for the fuel level gauge, try doing the test described in the service manual (page 9-33). The resistance seems to go as low as 4Ω, so either you didn't measure yours properly, or something's the matter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts