Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank any an all who help, as i have referred to this forum in the past and found a wealth of knowledge and it helped me greatly.
I have a gas leak which happens very rarely, and only on cold starts. it drips down onto the stator side cover. it's coming from the tube located behind the fuel rail (the tube with the clamp near the end, right above that blurry bolt). i don't know if there is a seal brook, or just rotted tubing, or a gasket that need be replaced.

if anyone can shed some light on this i would be grateful. thank you in advance to the members here!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Pull it apart and give it a visual check.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Just talking out my ass here but if it only happens on a cold start, maybe it's when the fuel pump initially pressurizes / surges?

I'd lift the tank next cold start and watch like a hawk while someone turns the key - can't hurt, anyway.

·
7,744 Posts
I would like to thank any an all who help, as i have referred to this forum in the past and found a wealth of knowledge and it helped me greatly.
Yeah, this can never be said enough.

With the advent of the interwebz and all manner of tech forums, this one is BY FAR the most helpful. When experiencing difficulties with various things over the years, I've subscribed to

• car forums
  • appliance repair forums
  • PC / tech forums
  • graphics card forums
  • blackberry forums
  • Quilting Board
  • and a bunch of others
NONE come close, not even in the ballpark. On many forums, if you're not one of the old-timer forum big boys, no one even answers you AT ALL, even days later.

Here? Noobs join and on their first post, even if it's a stupid question or something that's been asked a million times, it's almost unheard-of to not see immediate answers, sometimes leading to threads and discussions that go on for days.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,421 Posts
Damn. Try and figure out if it's coming from the rail. I'm temporarily homeless and most of my stuff is in a storage unit, but I've got a couple 2006-2007 throttle bodies. Not sure if they're 600 or 750, or if I can even get to them. If it is the rail, and I have and can get to what you need, it's yours.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
...sometimes leading to threads and discussions that go on for days.
Typically not the discussion they had in mind and definitely not on the original topic:lmao

·
7,744 Posts
Yeah, true.
If this thread is anything like most out here, I'll be shaving my legs and buying a big bag of potatoes before the day is out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replies. But yes, i traced it to that tube with the clamp on it that runs parallel with the fuel rail. It's leaking right where the arrow is

Attachments

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
And did you take it apart yet like I said to?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And did you take it apart yet like I said to?
have not as of yet, i was throwing this out there in case someone had a similar issue and could give me a heads-up before i started ripping things apart. thanks for the help tho friend!

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
And what you aren't realizing is that I was giving you a heads up by telling you to take it apart.

The rubber hose could be ripped/damaged, or the clamp could be broken/loose.

Like I said, you need to take it apart to do a visual inspection.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And what you aren't realizing is that I was giving you a heads up by telling you to take it apart.

The rubber hose could be ripped/damaged, or the clamp could be broken/loose.

Like I said, you need to take it apart to do a visual inspection.
thanks bro...that's my next move.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the tube integrity is suspect, therefore i will swap out the tube and ear clamps. does anyone know of a part no. for that tube (it doesn't display on the schematics) ??

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,421 Posts
So it's leaking in the hose between the upper and lower rails? Take it to AutoZone and get some fuel line and clamps.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had the same issue, but it was a significant leak. I replaced the hose, and used hose clamps instead of the OEM type clampps because there's not very much space to get the OEM style clamps in there without taking the piece out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So it's leaking in the hose between the upper and lower rails? Take it to AutoZone and get some fuel line and clamps.
just on one end (the end above the stator side) and it's seldom and only cold starts. i will replace the fuel line and clamps and it should fix the problem.

Anyone know the actual ID (inside diameter) of that particular tube/line? Auto-Zone sells by the (3/16, 1/4 etc.) but usual size is "8" i believe on most sport bikes. can anyone confirm the gauge of that black fuel line?? thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had the same issue, but it was a significant leak. I replaced the hose, and used hose clamps instead of the OEM type clampps because there's not very much space to get the OEM style clamps in there without taking the piece out.
thanks for the input brother! makes sense because that crimping tool is kinda big to fit in that space. Hose clamps will work just fine, thank you!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts