Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anybody knows if the gas cap off a '00 gsxr750 will fit a 90' gsxr1100? It seems like most if not all gsxr gas caps will fit.

Also, I need the tach for a 89-90 gsxr1100. Anyone?

flaco

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
I am going to mover this over to the oil cooled section, you will gat an answer over there quicker.

[ 10-25-2002, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Knight2211 ]

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Well, I don't know how the newer cap assembly mounts to the tank. But If I remember the '90 correctly, that assembly is bolted onto the tank by 3 bolts. You might try asking your Suzuki dealer to look in the parts fiche (it should be on computer) and see if the part numbers are the same. You might also email or call Chip at Ron Ayers.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
The cap on my 90 1100 has 8 bolts. The cap on my 02 Busa has 7 bolts. But the spacing looks the same for seven of them. The cap on the 02 is hinged down lower. But the 02 sure does look like it would fit on the 90.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The bolted ring will definetly fit but not sure wether itll lock coorectly (though I think it will).I tried it the other way 89 cap on 00 tank and the bolt holes line up perfik.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Flaco,

I believe the gas cap for the older year GSXR's use 4 of the 8 bolts that are visible on top.

You will have to see if the newer 2000 750 cap lines up to the 4 holes in the older GSXR tank...

As for the tach, I have one off of a GSXR 750 that begins at 0 that will work for you...

Let me know if your interested in the tach.... 25.00 for it.... 33.00 shipped to you...

Thanks,

JDB1371

·
Registered
553 Posts
graeme,

I was laughing when I was reading your sig, you've actually got a "placky bomber" listed..
I had one many years ago when I was seriously dirt poor and couldn't stand the bus anymore.

I also see a 350LC; very cool, but cantankerous old gits..!!

Dave....

·
Registered
539 Posts
"Placky Bomber" Heard them called a few things but not that, you are talking about the C90 arent you Dave? Its Ideal for local trips in the British winters when they salt the roads the gixxer would fall apart after a week. As you know "Bombers" last for ever you cant destroy them even if you try, we call bikes like that "Chicken Chasers"

As for the LC mine was definetly a cantankerous old git but fun when it held together thats why its in bits now waiting to be restored..Oh well one day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts