Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I haven't bought a 03 to 04 Svs650 yet but I was just wondering what the best mods to get the most horsepower for your money with the Svs?
also I was just wondering if the K&N air filters really give the Svs any horsepower? and how much
Im just trying to plan ahead alittle. thanks guys

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Full exhaust, a filter (K&N or BMC) and a Power Commander will help. They won't do wonders about the top end HP but they give you a better mid range. But it isn't that cost efficient. BTW, the SV (at least the 1st generation) is one of the few bikes where the K&N actually helps - they don't do much on a GSX-R.

If you're interested in riding fast, though, you shouldn't be looking so much at HPs or even the bike but at yourself... The single most efficient performance enhancing thing you can spend money on is track time. IMHO, 1 trackday (especially in the beginning) is worth more than a whole season of street riding when it comes to getting better skills (I'm talking a real track here, not a drag strip). You have to try it to appreciate it.

Apart from that, when it comes to bike modding, better tires and suspension help more than engine power mods.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Make sure you get better tires... The stock tires are garbage. Get some Pilot Power's and get a 120/70 tire in front instead of a 120/60... You'll get more out of tires than you might expect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts