Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, so when I got my bike it was missing a whole lot of pieces, no fairings, no headlight, ect. so I have all of that back on the bike but now I can't seem to figure out how to mount the fuse box that goes up front behind the headlight, I've looked at the wiring diagram in the manual and where it says to mount it on the headlight bracket there are no mounting points, I do have the bracket that is attached to the fuse box so I'm wondering if I someone can take a pic of there fuse box and how it's mounted because this is really bugging me. I wonder if I'm missing another piece that is supposed to go there, or if it's different in my year of bike and the manual does not show it?
it's a 2000 600

Thanks,
Bob.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it is..I have a 98 600.it is pretty much Attrached to the left Side Air Duct as described with that bracket you were talking about
maybe I'm blind but there are no mounting points on the air duct..
here is a screenshot from the 97-00 service manual
on that headlight bracket there are no holes for mounting anything

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh crap, well this explains it.. I just happened to look in the 1998 model update section of that manual and it DOES show the fuse box being mounted to the LEFT air duct.. I'm going to have to look again for the mounting points but I'm sure they are not there.. maybe I got some replacement ducts off a pre 1998, that could explain why there is nothing there..

if so I will just have to Zip Tie it somewhere out of the way.

·
Addicted to Track
1,474 Posts
Some SRADS have it mounted to the Intake tube .. others have it mounted to the headlight /Speedo mount bracket.

There may be some screws holes on the right side of the Speedo/Headlight mount that hold a fuse box

see the red circles there may be a bracket missing to hold the fuse box... but you can just use a zip tie there or electrical tape... no one is going to see it (just be sure you are still able to open the fusebox when you need to access it)

Attachments

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
Some SRADS have it mounted to the Intake tube .. others have it mounted to the headlight /Speedo mount bracket.

There may be some screws holes on the right side of the Speedo/Headlight mount that hold a fuse box

see the red circles there may be a bracket missing to hold the fuse box... but you can just use a zip tie there or electrical tape... no one is going to see it (just be sure you are still able to open the fusebox when you need to access it)
Hmmmm maybe thats why he cant find it..everyone's telling him on the intake tube..Maybe his is on the speedo/headlight mount?

·
Addicted to Track
1,474 Posts
He may have a mis match in years of parts...

Intake tubes with no mount holes
and gauge mount with no holes...

Just drill some holes or zip tie it to something wherever the lenght of the wires will let you and not get caught with steering issues

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
He may have a mis match in years of parts...

Intake tubes with no mount holes
and gauge mount with no holes...

Just drill some holes or zip tie it to something wherever the lenght of the wires will let you and not get caught with steering issues
yep, this is exactly what I have, as stated in my post above.. I think the intake tubes are off a 96-97 and my headlight bracket which is made of plastic and not steel like the one pictured above is from a 98-00
which would give me nowhere to mount them.. lol my luck! I will just have to zip tie it somewhere.

this was seriously driving me crazy I thought I was going insane for a bit but now that I know whats going on I can figure something out.. Thanks for the pictures everyone!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey my 01 was recked and I can't figure out what the box next to that fuse box is, It seems to be the only thing missing now and I'm having a hell of a time finding it, any ideas?

I hope theres pictures give you a better idea of where it goes mounted Dont your left side air duct have wholes where that Fuse box bracket would screw into??

·
Registered
3 Posts
not sure if its the same but my 99 750 it is tie wrapped to the air duct.

I have the same...ones square (with 8 fuses 10/15 amp) and the other is rectangular...the rectangular one is a mystery to me....I crashed my bike and the cover and fuse/fuses popped out...went to suzuki...they have no idea what goes there...do you have any idea? and what does it do?...When I try to start my bike all the lights work...but no fuel pump or starter kicking in

1 - 17 of 17 Posts